Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Witchcraft  (Read 9581 times)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
Witchcraft
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:31:18 pm »
I was talking to an almost neighbour today who has Ronaldsay Sheep.  He was saying a couple of years ago he had sheep being stolen.  Apparently, the police told him that due to the dates that the sheep were stolen it is probably connected to ritual Witchcraft.  Has anyone ever heard of this before?  I was a bit dumbstruck when he told me!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Witchcraft
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:36:36 pm »
There was a foal close to here savagely attacked last year and it was put down to the Ocult.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 09:37:48 pm »
he wants to put a sign up " Lambs of God, no good for a sacrifice!"
Little Blue

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:39:24 pm »
The dates are probably just a coincidence, though. There's a lot of witchcraft history in Warwickshire, but most of the 'witches' now are probably wiccans, and don't really do slaughtering of animals. Druids, on the other hand, do offer blood sacrifice.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:52:15 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbjr9btgAac

funny , I was only watching the above link last night .....must be the time of year ...

cheers

Russ

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 10:01:26 pm »
Ugh, that was a horrible, horrible time. Talk about men being threatened by women, especially those with knowledge.  :'(
In the Malleus maleficarum, they wrote: 'All wickedness is but little to the wickedness of a woman. ... What else is woman but a foe to friendship, an unescapable punishment, a necessary evil, a natural temptation, a desirable calamity, domestic danger, a delectable detriment, an evil nature, painted with fair colours. ... Women are by nature instruments of Satan -- they are by nature carnal, a structural defect rooted in the original creation." Men, feeling threatened, much?  ::)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 10:09:57 pm »

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 06:34:54 am »
Where I used to live,you use to find animals slaughtered and pieces put into shapes, wild as well as stolen. Ithink they were just kids pretending to do witchcraft as dares or proving themselves.You also used to find bits left over from rustlers that killed and chopped the bits off they did not want to carry! One of my friends in Halifax found the remains of her whole flock butchered. Hermit

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 09:35:09 am »
Yes Karen it also happened along side a busy main road in daylight near here They were operating in a hollow in the field ???
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Pomona

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 09:56:22 am »
Okay, I'll hold up my hand and say that I am a witch.  Seriously.  Lifelong Pagan Witch.  There's someone else on this board who'll vouch for the fact that I'm not winding you all up  ;D

And I know witchcraft and I know other witches and I'm telling you:  there's no animal sacrifices carried out.  The police who blame animal attacks on witches because of the time of year etc, are talking b*****ks.  They'd be just as accurate to tell you it was an alien attack.  There is no "Pagan" time of year, ALL year is Pagan time of year.  Just as it is Christian time of year, or Jewish, or anything else.  The whole year has festivals of importance to all faiths, so to say that any time of year is "pagan" and therefore more likely to have pagan activity, is, quite frankly, nothing more than lazy policing and an attempt to fob you off.  And, since it was on Ronaldsay, I'll stick my neck out and say that I know the police up there are more than happy to use witchcraft for almost any crime  >:(

Ask any Pagan (and I can point you to quite a few places in real life and online you could ask them) and they'll tell you that animal sacrifice and mutilation is an absolute abomination and the work of a sick person.  Nothing more supernatural than that.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 10:14:01 am »
Hello pomona I for one will believe you .Some one has to be blamed a nice one lets blame them they are not 100's and 100000's strong so they wont play up.I have not seen where any witch's have been arrested for doing these things. I knew shes long dead now Practiced the Black Art.She did herbal remedies and if you put your shoulder out she could salve it and pull it and it was better in the mornin.At that time Go to Newark General you would be arm slung for a fortnight and in terrible pain.So take one of these asprins.A very black art wasn't it The old dear's dead  and gone now some many years past
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Eagledance

• Joined May 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 10:44:19 am »
I too will put my hand up!

I know Pomona - she is a witch and a damn fine lady too! (she happens to be a good friend of mine and she is not paying me to be nice!!)

I also am a witch and a Druid and can vouch for what Pomona says - I am training with one of the world's largest Druid organisations and blood sacrifice is not something modern Druids do!

Ed ;D
Live well: Laugh often: Love much

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 01:10:40 pm »
Hello eagle Tell me are you intimate with the stones and the surrounding area.Go west on the L/H fork to Winterbourne Stoke but T/L at the X to go to Salisbury.If you are I'll tell you a story ;D :farmer:

Eagledance

• Joined May 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 01:21:54 pm »
If you mean Stonehenge - no, only been there once, years ago, before I was druid.
In reality Stonehenge is not an important focus for me (or indeed many pagans/druids/witches) as I live so far away! My locale, the woods, rivers, fields near me are far more of a spiritual focus.

But, tell me the tale anyway!

Ed
Live well: Laugh often: Love much

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 01:30:18 pm »
So lets pretend eh! You have turned Left at the X rd and heading toward Salisbury about 3/4 of a mile there are two cottages and a large water tower that supplies water to Druids Lodge I lived in the near cottage and the shepherd lived in the far one Fred's Father in Law a Mr Bisset was custodian of the stones and at the summer solstice took me to observe the carving of the bread No animals no blood Just a nice organised prayer meeting it seemed to me :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS