Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: "Push Chair" Is a bit smallholding related..honest!  (Read 9722 times)

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
Re: "Push Chair" Is a bit smallholding related..honest!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 12:25:01 pm »
*slips Annie a high five*  ;D  ;D

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 12:51:31 pm »
Sandy I didnt mean to upset you but I was concerned about the pup.

I know this may sound awful but if you are having so much trouble with your spine what about getting a walker for yourself. It will help support you whilst you walk and steady you on the unevern ground.

http://www.easicaremobility.co.uk/walking-aids-ball-walking-aids-c-349_387.html

There is a 3 wheeled walker on there that would be great over rough ground. Or have I missed the point again?

Jackie (ex nurse)

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 01:20:46 pm »
Have been having a quiet giggle myself, but just a thought - when I was thinking about getting a trailer to tow my dog behind a bike there were some that converted to a sort of doggy pushchair.  I think that they were supposed to be for joggers.  Can't remember what they were called but if you google 'dog trailers' you'll find them.  They were a bit pricey though! 
Never did get one, in case you were wondering - it occurred to me that I would be the only one exercising and by the time we got to wherever we were going I'd be too exhausted to take her for a walk - she's upwards of 26Kg.

sandy

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 01:28:34 pm »
Bl~~dy H**!! You'd have me in a nursing home!!!! I am fine, I was born with a dislocated hip, had the op 7 years ago...great mobility, torn muscles several time but since as long as I can remember suffer from connective tissue problems,any extra stress and I get stiffness, see the Dr, bought the Tee shirt, an Auto Immune problem but I am fine 99% of the time, I been stuck in with the pups, bending loads, lifting loads and getting up early = stiff back and pelvis.....I just need a break from lifting and bending so much, that will happen soon, I was similar when I had my 3 children some many moons ago, I must add, due to the one sided walking all those years, I have a small twist in the base of my sppine, been to physio and she gave me things to do but as I said, if I don't keep either walking or standing, I cease up......If I was a Lab you two would have had me put down....walker my *rse!!!! I walked miles and miles with the mother of the pup (we had her as a pup and another dog (also had since a pup)
Anyway, love the idea of the dog push chairs, just what I mean, not silly at all if the dog is secure, after all she will be part of our pack and I would have to stay at home with her otherwise...used to love our long walks around the Forest...all easy going as well...........Better sign up for a stenna stairlift!!!  ;)

sandy

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 01:38:45 pm »
Jackie, are you very very young? I maybe would see what you are thinking if you are, I'm sure a lot of people get stiff backs from time to time and do not need a stick!!

I did buy a walkers stick when Ben bowled me over last year but don't even need that, it did however come in handy for collecting brambles etc......I must add, I have always had these problems, they will be gone when I am not constantly stooping to collect dog poo!! I aso spent ages lifting and shoveling Chicken and DUck poo, that adds to my current problem...on the other hand, yes that is what I thought but they are ve expensive, I doubt I will have any  form of pushchair for the dog but I did think it would solve the problem, I also have the dogs interest at heart, she will be part of the pack and I want her be be included as much as posible, she will have plenty of attention, I am here most of the time with them due to B&B life, just an odd trip out to the shops etc.

My brother had an attatchment on his motor bike for his dog, that was safe, he used to go all over with her on the back of his bike..........off to change my incontinance pad and get my best set of dentures cleaned ;) ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 01:40:01 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  That's my gal! ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 01:45:57 pm »
Nearly didn't make it, had to get up my kitchen step with my big cup of soup, Thanks Anne, they are nice.....Pups are fast asleep in the dog room, poor old Islay has to go out when they come in, she's a bit sad looking without her babies but want her milk to dry up as they are off from THursday onward....The puppy walking sounds good but I can see she will be a charactor, when I blow the wistle they all come runny but she sy's a different way!!!

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 01:55:27 pm »
Whoa that pet stroller is nice, and they've got one in pink! I'd buy one just to p*ss the OH off - his face would be priceless hehehe  :P Umm, might need a dog first though!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 02:04:02 pm »
That's what all the poncy Toy breed owners take their dogs into shows in. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 02:09:23 pm »
I've never really understood the idea behind pet strollers, unless (like Sandy) for puppies or ill/old dogs.  I was under the impression that dogs had legs and could ... er ... walk?
Also every push chair I've ever had (admittedly 2nd hand) has caused me back problems, so would tend to avoid them anyway.  But if you were going there, yes, pink - with matching collar and coat?!

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 02:10:14 pm »
Can toy breeds not walk then?

Ghilliegumdrop

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 02:14:33 pm »
You could always 'borrow' a trolley from Tesco's!

Hi Anne bet you wish you hadn't sent the link ;D

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 02:18:14 pm »
Not if you've got a bad back - I've not found one that goes in the direction you push it yet!

sandy

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 02:28:53 pm »
 ;DI first saw a stroller in Pet World and wondered WHY? but, I went out with a young dog years ago, only in a small woodland, but he started limping due to something that cleared up but we ended up carrying him, although he was a small dog, so  I can see some use and like I said, I actualy fancied one until she is old enough to take on the long walks, I can gaurentee, IF I do get one then my OH will be a long way in front ;D ;D I think a supermarket  trolly would be very noisy, we all would have headaches, I also thought of the shopping bag on wheels or suitcase with vents and a window ;) ;)(now I am being silly!) or indeed a rucksack!!!! anyway, I am looking forward to getting out again, there are some stunning walks around here and Gartmorn Dam is a great little one!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS