Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Copper & Trace Element supplements for Dairy Goats  (Read 5446 times)

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
Copper & Trace Element supplements for Dairy Goats
« on: April 03, 2015, 05:00:34 pm »
What does everyone use? and which is best (in your opinion of course LOL)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: Copper & Trace Element supplements for Dairy Goats
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 05:47:15 pm »
Caprivite and red Rocky, I thought the one Wytsend promoted was good but one goat wouldn't touch it, went back to Caprivite.
Does anyone hear of Wytsend Jane these days? How is she?

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 07:00:39 pm »
Mine get red &yellow rockies along with cattle/sheep mix have tried capravite various times in the past and they would not take it no matter what I did also tried the denis brimbcome minerals for goats the reaction to that was even worse. Seaweed supplement, OH tithebarn cow minerals was palatable.
 I used to use osmonds copper cobalt drench monthly in the past at our last place here they don't need it, Liquithrive for sheep with copper is good as with the downland which we normally get  or whatever Towns & Carnie have. I'll be giving mine a dose shortly to give them a boost to recovery after kidding and while getting summer coat in. (The last 3 years at our new place only 4 miles away from our old one they haven't needed anything but rockies and cattle/sheep concentrates.
If on cattle concentrates they go through the yellow rockies more quickly and sheep mix they go through the red rockies more quickly. I do a mix of each or bag of one then bag of the other next time.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 01:47:01 pm »
Red Rockies, seaweed, Caprivite OR Adam Hensons' goat and cattle mineral as it has a higher dose of Cobalt than Caprivite and our Milker's milk was a bit naff a few seasons back and this rectified it
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 02:09:08 pm »
Caprivite, garlic and seaweed. They also have a rockie which has latest years.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 02:25:43 pm »
Mine are on Denis Brinicombe's Premium goat balancer in feed, the adults have all been bolused with cosecure bullets, and until the weather lately trashed the horse field shelter  ::) the horses and goats had access to a red rocky

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 05:38:49 pm »
Ahemmm... nothing really. They have a Red Rockie, which usually only gets attacked when the are in-kid, and I have just re-introduced them to garlic granules. Will try seaweed again soon, used to use Caprivite, but they all went off it.

I now feed dairy nuts again, which seems to have boosted my milk yields.

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 07:27:48 pm »
thank you for all the replies, very helpful

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »
Caprivite, Seaweed, Red lick. Linseed lozinges as a wee treat. I was going to try a bit of garlic now the flies are about to put in an appearance. They all have sheep crunch ad lib hay and ready grass.
Showing and breeding Pygmy Goats
Always room for another goat as he will never notice

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 02:19:04 pm »
well, after looking into all the options, I have decide to bolus them with K-Copps, so I will report back ina  few months if I see an improvement in the goats in any way  :fc:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS