Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: "Countryfile" betrays the countryside  (Read 18901 times)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: "Countryfile" betrays the countryside
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2015, 06:57:56 am »
I find Jimmy's Farm more down to earth. (I'm spending too much time on youtube having discovered it!)

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2015, 05:58:27 pm »
In my opinion whether a subject is covered in the printed, broadcasted, online or indeed the audio press both sides of a story will never be covered fully in order to give a truly balanced agreement/discussion.  I know that it should but they inevitably don't.

Example:  The recent article on bird numbers within farmland in the UK.  I work in the countryside on farms.  I regularly see and hear a wide selection of farmland birds on a weekly basis which according to survey results are declining. 
WHY do they never report the regional results for these instead of blanket statements saying the skylark is vanishing from UK farmland because I'll bet its in only certain areas that they are declining.  Where I work - they are not vanishing.  And as its already been pointed out the issues of increasing numbers of birds of prey never gets a mention or the fact that a lot of growers are planting hedges etc. This annoys me but they will report on what they wish to report on - that is the press.  They have always done that and probably always will.

I enjoy Country File on a Sunday evening.  Its the only programme (to my knowledge) that covers ANY countryside issue/s at peak time on TV.  Its better than having no programme in my view. 
Presenters?  I couldn't really care less who does it.  Adam has been recognised within the Agri industry for bring Agri issues to the floor.  Compared to some of the other drivel that's on CF is good.
Tv programmes are "chosen" by the viewer. If you don't think that Countryfile represents the country life then simply turn it off. 
:thumbsup:

I agree with Rosemary regarding Landward.  A very good programme that sadly never gets a good slot up here on the TV and as a result I usually miss it.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 08:04:33 pm »
Well Countryfile made a major boob this eve .... anyone else spot it?  ...............  The bucket in the kitchen to collect veg cutting for the pigs and pointed out in the dialog!!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2015, 08:27:50 pm »
Yes I saw that straight off. Not one to complain but I have just complained to BBC , this programme especially should know that is illegal.
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2015, 10:26:52 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but we also picked that up but quickly realised they were in a pub bar not the kitchen which amazingly is quite legal !!!

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2015, 10:56:02 am »
Not when she has 2 joints of ham next to her.
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2015, 07:07:59 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but we also picked that up but quickly realised they were in a pub bar not the kitchen which amazingly is quite legal !!!
Bar or kitchen it's still a catering establishment and no food that's been in there can be legally fed to any farm animals. Not just pigs.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2015, 01:04:24 am »
John Craven just makes me want to kick the TV  >:(

Landward IMHO is much more relevant to us further North
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS