Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: "Countryfile" betrays the countryside  (Read 18903 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: "Countryfile" betrays the countryside
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 11:06:42 am »
Anke, you are a natural blonde and no-one would call you a bimbo.

If Ellie's long locks, always perfectly presented no matter what she's supposedly just been doing in no matter what conditions  ::), are naturally blonde, I'll eat my own mousey barnet!  :D

But fair comment, we shouldn't use the term.   Those of us using it, thinking of using it, and using it in our thoughts, consider ourselves on the naughty step.  :dunce:

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 11:08:10 am »
If Ellie's long locks, always perfectly presented no matter what she's supposedly just been doing in no matter what conditions  ::), are naturally blonde, I'll eat my own mousey barnet!  :D

She was a Blue Peter presenter, I think, and has brought a little too much of the children's programme style to Countryfile, for my taste.  I'd rather see the experts doing the things they are good at, than a set-up shot of Ellie making a b*ll$ up of it.  I even miss Julia sometimes.  :roflanim:

Helen Skelton is our local girl, so I ain't about to diss her ;)

I think it's probably a tall order to make a programme that farmers and smallholders will rate and watch and also appeals to the armchair countryphiles and others who can only get to the countryside for leisure.  So they probably don't do too bad a job, as it stays on air so has ratings, and enough of us are still watching it to have opinions about it!  lol

And it's still the best weather forecast for farmers, by miles. ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 11:19:38 am »
Nope , some people (without)  are just passing through !
Where did all those posts come from ? I was answering the coment about , not all people have fake tans and hair extensions in Essex , lol .   
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:27:38 am by RUSTYME »

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 03:02:37 pm »
Given that I'm a natural blonde and originally from Essex I'm clearly scuppered. Sod the PhD and years in academia with an international reputation - I must be stupid, fake tanned and sporting hair extensions ::)
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 03:35:32 pm »
I must be stupid, fake tanned and sporting hair extensions ::)

You forgot to add "innit"  ;) .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 03:39:32 pm »
..... love it or hate it ............   and I certainly have plenty to say about Adam and his farming (biggest sprayer in UK on his 'smallholding'!)  and the blond bimbo's ............ most of us are still watching it enough to comment!!!!

Think maybe I need to clarify I AM BLOND! TOO!  No offence to any blonds on here.     But having lost Julia (who you actually felt did get herself dirty!)  all the female presenters are now blonde and  on there to parade to the male viewers..... even my OH has to admit that is a reason for watching!       
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 04:33:28 pm »
:wave: i like adam hensons bit its the only part i watch i think he puts his point across in plain english . and u have to take your hat of to anyone who can make money out of rare breeds  :-J . i enjoyed john cravens news round as a kid . its funny how your view of someone can change . he is so anti farming its almost funny .

Adam Henson does not make his money from rare breeds!!!!  All the brand new, shiny tractors you see working on his farm are free to him as they are advertising on tele.  His pet farm open to the public brings in money.  All his tv appearances and celebrity appearances at advents bring in more.  His are breeds are a hobby!!!  He doesn't do any work on his farm, his staff do it all, he just rocks up for filming.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 06:23:54 pm »
Blimey you lot are on one  ;D
its just a programme, next you will be saying Emmerdale isn't real  :roflanim:

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 06:50:24 pm »
It's funny, I kind of get the feeling that a lot who have commented have largely missed the point of the article.

The way I see it is this - that show, is what informs most general folk about what is going on in the countryside.

It sells a totally skewed, bigoted view of many countryside issues, which are tantamount to propaganda, and political lobbying.

As a result, when the general masses are called upon to debate, choose, or think about many of the issues that effect the countryside. . . . .

Their opinion, decision etc etc is informed by total and utter drivel and one sided propaganda.

This is blatantly wrong.

The badger / fox / bird of prey issue is a classic example.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 07:11:47 pm »
Good point.  Trouble is Them That Do, Do and Them That Don't Comment On Them That Do.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 07:32:46 pm »
Their opinion, decision etc etc is informed by total and utter drivel and one sided propaganda.

This is blatantly wrong.

But surely that's no different to opinions held on any number of different non-countryside issues like energy supply, immigration, foreign policy etc etc?
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

langfauld easycare

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 07:44:02 pm »
:wave: i like adam hensons bit its the only part i watch i think he puts his point across in plain english . and u have to take your hat of to anyone who can make money out of rare breeds  :-J . i enjoyed john cravens news round as a kid . its funny how your view of someone can change . he is so anti farming its almost funny .

Adam Henson does not make his money from rare breeds!!!!  All the brand new, shiny tractors you see working on his farm are free to him as they are advertising on tele.  His pet farm open to the public brings in money.  All his tv appearances and celebrity appearances at advents bring in more.  His are breeds are a hobby!!!  He doesn't do any work on his farm, his staff do it all, he just rocks up for filming.
yea the wee picture is tongue in cheek !!! if you google his dad he is well documented on being involved in saving many rare breeds . adam also champions rare breeds(got to be better than downing them) hobby or not he is on there side 

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 07:54:34 pm »
Womble - Perhaps so. But this thread was discussing an article in the papers, stating that Countryfile was betraying the countryside, by portraying totally false, one sided, propaganda, which influences the majority to get involved or take hand in decisions which end up massively negatively impacting the countryside. . . . . but fits with the BBC and bunny huggers agendas.

It's their view of predators etc which really boils my piss, and the worst bit is that they actually edit out comments made by those they interview if they don't, when asked a question - reply with the sanctioned (bull s**t) bbd line!

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 08:53:06 pm »

yea the wee picture is tongue in cheek !!! if you google his dad he is well documented on being involved in saving many rare breeds . adam also champions rare breeds(got to be better than downing them) hobby or not he is on there side

I should have gone to spec savers, thought you were sticking your tongue out at me!!!!  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 09:02:19 pm »
So, are we saying that England's green and pleasant land isn't green and pleasant? Blimey! Countryfile isn't aimed at people who live and work in the countryside it's aimed at the middle class BBC lovies who maybe will visit a rural area one day and spend some of their money, so long may it continue.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS