Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New dog, big mistake  (Read 17419 times)

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
Re: New dog, big mistake
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 08:49:29 am »
I think this photo pretty much sums up the intelligence here.....

"Boys! sit and look at the camera"

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2015, 09:25:36 am »
Show/pet Goldens can look quite different from working lines. My young working lab looks nothing like a show/pet lab. Jim does look more like a show line so may always have a tendency to be a bit heavier but good that he is getting trim.

My lab. would steal food off the table/counters given half the chance!  I think retrievers can be quite greedy compared with collies.  I look after my neighbours 20 or so collies on occasions and they are completely different with food. None of them are food orientated. First time I went with 'treats' to try and win them over .... after checking it was okay with neighbour. They weren't in the least bothered! My lab. is nervous of strangers but can't resist taking food from them. Food is her life!

Both my retrievers will mouth, chew at coal. Not sure if they actually eat it. Also eat feathers! Think they are mouthy dogs and desire to carry and as pups also have a chew while they are at it!

They both look like they're enjoying that sunshine! 

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 10:48:51 am »
Lucky Jim!  Good on you for giving him a chance!  :thumbsup:

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 04:54:37 pm »
Hi .
Im new and when I started reading this thread I had an awful heart-sinking feeling. So what a lovely surprise to read that Jim has turned the corner and wants to be a good dog after all! Maybe he was testing you to see if you would shape up better than his pervious owner!
Im so glad you have all settled and that Tully has a new friend.
Is it time to retire yet?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS