Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: dog training  (Read 5332 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
dog training
« on: January 15, 2010, 11:50:02 am »
Thought you might liek this.  I think it's brilliant!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu7R4NtpgyM&feature=player_embedded
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
Re: dog training
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 12:42:58 pm »
I think i just keep to trying the basic stuff, must have taken her months to get that routine sorted.......

You said previously that you have a puppy, what breed and how old is it....
Lavinia

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:13:18 pm »
Hi Lavinia
I breed Brittanys - I show and judge them too.  I just bred what I think may be my last litter so have kept a dog puppy.  He is black and white, a natural bobtail, and I was an avid reader in my childhood days of Black Bob in the Dandy comic - so what else could I call him but Bobby - and his KC name (with a bit of luck as they haven't come back yet) is Aberdon Esgair Dhu  (this being one of the Welsh hills my late husband was enthusiastic about)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 01:35:58 pm »
That was brilliant and great to see a gundog instead of a collie!

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 04:02:23 pm »
Brittany's are beautiful dogs i used to work with one for a while but had to sadly give him up as his Mum lost her job.  She didn't work him and i felt that Milo didn't benefit from this, he had a lot of unspent energy. We have a lab/retriever cross called Scooby, who will be ten weeks on Saturday. (he belongs to my oldest son) Trying to train him at the moment and he is doing well. It had to be a puppy with the amount of dogs that come through our doors in a week, he needed to be very sociable and tolerant. How old is you puppy?
Lavinia

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 04:31:30 pm »
 Bobby is 11 weeks on Monday..
What do you do?  How do you mean
i used to work with one for a while

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 04:42:49 pm »
Sorry i just assumed i had already said... i run a pet care business. We started up to do general boarding and dog walking, then we were asked to have a dog with special needs (there are loads of them out there) we seemed to gain a bit of a reputation for this and now 90% of our dogs have problems mostly medical. We also cat sit and small animal board. My youngest son has special needs and i found it really hard at the time being a single mum and working full time. This allows me to make my own hours and to work around Stewart.. 

Lavinia

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 04:56:55 pm »
Ah I see.  My dog sitter, Denise, is on the 'net - www.pet-royale.co.uk  We've becoem really good friends as I need her a lot.  I've just emailed her hoping she can look after 4 of my dogs (including Bobby) while I go to Crufts with Belle, his Mum.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 05:35:41 pm »
If anyone knows flatcoats then Dawn Hall and Brian Twigger will ring a bell. Brian is my cousin and his flatcoat is brill and a full champ.

" Leicestershire gamekeepers Dawn Hall and Brian Twigger and their dog “SH Champion Ghilgrange Magic Magician JW ShCM” have taken the top honours in the gamekeeping classes at Crufts this week.

The classes, run by the British Association for Shooting and Conservation, are a showcase for working gundogs at the world’s most prestigious dog show. In all more than 350 dogs were entered in the gamekeepers’ ring at Crufts 2007.

Gamekeeper winners from different classes throughout the day are judged in a final show in the main arena to determine which dog will take the Northesk memorial trophy.

“SH Champion Ghilgrange Magic Magician JW ShCM” who is a 10 year old flat coated retriever and is usually known as Merlin, won the BASC John George Memorial Trophy to qualify for the best in class award.

Dawn Hall said: “I’m absolutely over the moon that we won the best in gamekeepers’ classes’ trophy. Merlin has won a lot of awards but this is the best yet. For me it was as good as being best in show. We definitely want to come back to Crufts again next year.”

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 05:56:24 pm »
That was the year I judged!  I saw the classes, and must have seen your cousin!  Might have even spoken to them as I am quite taken with flatties

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 08:03:52 pm »
Small world eh?  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS