Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scottish National Poultry Show 17th/ 18th January  (Read 8422 times)

Jakebob

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Stirling
Re: Scottish National Poultry Show 17th/ 18th January
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 09:46:55 pm »
Are the selling pens auctioned? If so, what time? Thank you.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 10:18:13 pm »
Selling pens are a fixed price set by the sellers.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Jakebob

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Stirling
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 12:00:21 am »
Ok, thank you.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 05:15:13 pm »
 How did everyone get on with their  :chook:    :&>

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 06:06:59 pm »
The wether was a bit bad big snow storm Friday night got here tea time then at 3 pm power cut till 8 alarms going of got to the sale at 10 pm .The standard was good but I think the wether stopt a lot of folk .I was very glad that people from mull shetland atended .There was a big bantam section and some nice roads .I still think there is room for a open which birds are judged and then sold .There was some good dark eggs  this is the 3rd biggist safe trip

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 08:05:07 pm »
Great result at the show today my wee black Scots Dumpy bantam pullet got on to champions row BOB, Boy was I surprised and delighted just can't believe it.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 03:38:08 pm »
Nice one BC it was a nice looking bird, do you have the LF version?

I got a bit held up on the Sunday and missed the Scots Grey meeting but managed a good look around the birds

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 05:29:32 pm »
No LF only keep bantams.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 11:48:51 pm »
Ah, didn't realise that was yours, we were looking at her. I actually have to confess I didn't know you could get black scots dumpys  :-[ and I really liked her. I could be tempted to get some black ones....

I took six chooks, the seventh one escaped from his show cage and had a run in with a goat, and the goat kindly pulled out 3 of his tail feathers!

But anyway, I got a 1st, 3rd and 4th. My boy got best gold pencilled male too. So quite pleased, as some were in quite big classes. My pullet was 4th out of 11, and her class winner went on to be best opposite sex to champion.

Beth

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2015, 07:12:57 pm »
Well done Beth, My wee bird is a character she would do anything for a raisin, No so many Dumpys about maybe to plain for some folks. I see you are entered for Peebles maybe have a natter about birds there.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS