Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: update on my new gimmer  (Read 1909 times)

beagh-suffolks

• Joined Oct 2014
update on my new gimmer
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:28:34 pm »
the vet was out an has gave me stuff to give her for the next two days...she has now had to be induced due to much fluid in both her abdomen and with the lambs, shes got a real nasty wheasy breathing and the odd cough, i am hoping all the lambs and she will be ok, she keeps sitting like a dog now, an is really really finding it hard to stand up on her back end
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:30:29 pm by beagh-suffolks »

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: update on my new gimmer
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 12:16:17 am »
It's worth helping her to stand properly every couple of hours, especially if she gets any worse.  She needs to stand to pee properly and to burp, plus it stops her legs getting pins and needles.  You can hold her for a few minutes, or use bales to prop her up.
Are you bottle feeding the lambs? They won't be able to feed if she's sitting, and she won't be producing much milk if she's poorly.  Is what the vet gave you antibiotics?  She needs them for the wheezy chest, which is a prompt killer without help.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

beagh-suffolks

• Joined Oct 2014
Re: update on my new gimmer
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:09:55 pm »
She had a real difficult lambing, one was born dead other is doing fine ,so far so good. .but the ewe is real sick so we are having to rear it. A ewe lamb she had

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS