Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: worth all the hard work !  (Read 1891 times)

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
worth all the hard work !
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:22:51 pm »
Just had such a brilliant day wanted to share it, has been a lovely sunny but crisp day today so we donned our warm ovies and out we went. All sheep and goat shelters cleaned and new bedding, all animals checked and fed with treats added. Strainers put in for more paddocks for the lambing just in case they are needed. Dogs were out with us enjoying every minute, helping of course ! Came in just as it was going dark, knackered but what a feeling of euphoria  :excited: so much done  :thumbsup:
Days like today are what smallholding is all about, makes it all worth while. I am living the dream , l feel blessed !
Now weres the cork screw ?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: worth all the hard work !
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 07:27:29 pm »
Great  :thumbsup:

And also great that you are savouring these good days.  There will be plenty, but there will be other types too!  So it's good to take the time to savour the good ones  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 08:05:01 pm »
Sounds a great day. Well worthy of popping that cork!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 11:07:37 am »
I just love days like that. Getting jobs done gives you that life worth living feeling. Makes up for the days when you feel why am I doing this.  :thumbsup:

Graemscifi

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 03:41:54 pm »
you seem to drink deep from the bottle of life Kelly58, good for you. I am jealous its dark and wet and misrable up here today roll on tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS