Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Chicken with yellow legs/feet  (Read 10323 times)

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
Chicken with yellow legs/feet
« on: January 06, 2010, 10:20:38 pm »
I have 6 rescued free range red hens.  One has very yellow legs and feet, not sure whether always been like that or if something is wrong.  Doesn't seem bothered and no sign of parasites.

Anyone got any ideas?

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: Chicken with yellow legs/feet
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 08:58:48 pm »
CORN FED ?????? Thats corn as in maize.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 09:49:01 pm »
I don't know either but some of my ex-batts have beige legs and feet and some of them have yellow ones.  My LS hen and cockerel have greyish pink legs and feet.  So I would think it's related to the breed they come from?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:17:30 pm »
the cross with the shetland and hylines produced 3 diffrent coloured legs. so don't worry its not a problem

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 01:22:58 pm »
My Sasso's have yellow legs if they are brown chucks and pink if they are white ??  Don't think there is a problem

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 09:29:50 pm »
Thanks all, I feel happier now.  They look healthy enough.  Is it normal for hens for have a bulging chest?  I noticed with the red hens one looked like it had a huge lump one side but now reckon they all have.  Is it because they are so thin?  My Marans don't seem like it but they are about 4 times the weight!

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 07:29:12 am »
if she is happy and eating and pooing then she has just pigged out. its just her crop. it can be a sign of health problems but the biggest chance is that its nothing. stop worrying you will know if one is sick.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS