Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Finally learning to spin properly  (Read 12566 times)

Whittsend

• Joined May 2013
Re: Finally learning to spin properly
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 10:25:37 am »
 :thumbsup: I'am looking forward to it already FiB. Big thanks for arranging this. :spin:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 10:27:16 pm »
Great.ER... what's the weather likely to be round your way in January?

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 07:44:17 pm »
one week to go!   Attached a flier with address on...

SO!  From here I think I have:

Lesley with own wheel
Whitsend own wheel
Lady K
Brandi

and possibly Bramblecot?

I will be at the shop from about 8:30 as will be a boiling kettle and Tea/Coffee :-) so come and chat, set up as early as you like... the workshop proper will be 10-3. let me know if you have any food needs/dislikes with respect to soup...... and also any specific hopes for the workshop so that Diane can make sure she brings the best bits and bobs to help you :-)

Cant wait! :spin: :excited:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:06:14 pm by FiB »

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2015, 12:26:52 am »
 :excited: :excited: :spin: :spin: :excited: :excited: :spin: :spin: :excited: :excited:

This time next week I will be in Wales.

Fi, I am gluten intolerant so any soup will need to be gluten free. That's not usually a problem unless stock cubes are used in which case, some have gluten.

Any joy with finding me a B&B for the Wednesday night yet?

I have an Ashford Traveller which I want to sell. Is it worth bringing it with me in case anyone is interested?

:excited: :excited: :spin: :excited: :excited: :spin: :excited: :excited:

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 10:54:39 am »
Just in case anyone is worried about snow. For the Bala workshop... It's fine! All main routes clear and rain expected to wash more away later.....  Diane is on her way, the heating is on..... Let the spinning commence tomorrow :excited:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 06:00:54 pm »
I made it safely despite my satnav deciding the quickest way was not along the main road but up over the hills where it was snowy and a bit slippy, especially where there was as sheer drop my side of the road.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 07:52:26 pm »
I hope you all have a lovely productive day tomorrow! I am really envious! Well done on arriving safely Lesley, sat nav can be so helpful!

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2015, 07:18:48 pm »
Happy day! Thanks Whittsend for the start, and lady K, Brandy and Mad goat woman.  (Who's names I now know :-) ).  Such a great thing to meet you all, spin, AND not have to travel. Then triple thanks to Diane and Philip (murmuring wheel and singing shearer) . Totally inspired.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2015, 09:44:35 pm »
And thank you, Fiona, for setting it all up and for the lovely soup lunch.

ladyK

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Conwy Valley
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 10:30:02 am »
It really was a great day!
Never thought I could learn so much in just a short day - from total newbie to a half-decent looking skeign.
 :spin: :spin: :spin:

Big thank you to Diane & Philip for their wonderful 1to1 teaching, and to FiB for making it happen!  :trophy:
"If one way is better than another, it is the way of nature." (Aristotle)

Whittsend

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2015, 04:58:13 pm »
 :trophy:As well as it being brilliant to meet up with everyone last Thursday, it was such a worthwhile spinning day for me!

Some of the problems I was having, which I assumed were my lack of experience, were actually caused by a loose screw ( cue for witty comments on the day),  allowing movement where there should not have been movement and the fact that I had never oiled my wheel!!! , meaning that moving parts were not moving freely. Things I would never have realised myself. Diane and Phillip have such an easy style of instructing, and sorting out problems, that you never feel despondent when things are not going well. 

Thumbs up for "The Murmuring Wheel"  :spin: :thumbsup:

The rest of my problems ARE actually down to my lack of experience but now I am inspired to spend more time spinning and, hopefully, improve.

Fiona had gone to such a lot of trouble, preparing the room and cooking lovely food - which I know everyone appreciated I much as I did. Thanks again FiB.

A great day.x

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2015, 03:10:45 am »
It really was a great day!
Never thought I could learn so much in just a short day - from total newbie to a half-decent looking skeign.
 :spin: :spin: :spin:

Big thank you to Diane & Philip for their wonderful 1to1 teaching, and to FiB for making it happen!  :trophy:

You are a natural spinner. I hope you're going to keep it up.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS