Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 8 MORE INCHES OFF SNOW IN AVIEMORE  (Read 7585 times)

bamford6

8 MORE INCHES OFF SNOW IN AVIEMORE
« on: December 31, 2009, 06:40:39 pm »
THE SHEEP ARE UP TO THERE NECKS THE PENS ARE NEALEY COVERD IN THE FIELD THE PENS CAN JUST BE SEEN PROBLEY GOT 4 FOOT AT THE MOMENT .BEEN SHIFTING SNOW ALL DAY .HAVE A SAFE NEW YERE
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 07:14:39 pm by bamford6 »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: 8 MORE INCHES OFF SNOW IN AVIEMORE
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 06:45:57 pm »
My nephew and his wife and baby daughter set off from Clacks about 3pm up the A9 to Inverness - any word on what it's like?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 06:52:33 pm »
Must be quite bad Annie as I hear Inverness have cancelled tonights Party.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 06:53:19 pm »
OK, off to phone my sister to see if there's any news
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 09:47:43 pm »
Safe New Year, everyone

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 10:16:01 pm »
OK, off to phone my sister to see if there's any news
All have arrived - not too bad a journey till they got to my sister's cul de sac.  (The A9 had been snow ploughed.) Some idiot 4 x 4 driver visiting a neighbour had left his vehicle sticking out in the middle of the road so the boys and my brother-in-law had to try to get round it and got stuck in 2 feet of snow.  So they got the wives and babies inside in the warm, knocked on the neighbour's door and asked if they'd help dig the three cars out.  All done in good spirits I believe and they are all sipping brandies now - I'm off to get my New Year swally ready!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 11:13:17 pm »
Goodness, you are having a lot of snow up there.  Do hope you and your animals keep safe  I saw on our local news that a man from nearby us, had been killed in an avalanche in Torrin, and two on Ben Nevis.  Such a tragedy.

bamford6

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 11:23:39 pm »
iff the snow comes to night i think things will be bad just coping at the moment no 4/4 cars nothink moving still very cold all the best for new yere

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 11:29:04 pm »
We had more snow last night, and some of the main routes are still closed off even tonight......but nowhere near as bad as your snow.  Its a very frosty night tonight, and -7.2 degrees - a bit chilly in our farmhouse with no central heating, just one coal fire - I have got a good few layers of clothes on!!

bamford6

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 04:53:35 pm »
started snowing 12.30 got another 4 inches finished last night 1.30 into the new yere .put food out got to rest at the moment .will start again 4.30 getting dark just on freezing only day not to have the water froze up in 2 and half weeks all the best

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 05:10:09 pm »
Just puts our problems into perspective, i been moaning about gates been frozen and the snow getting down the top of my wellies........ Take care up there sounds really harsh...

lavinia :o
Lavinia

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 05:52:01 pm »
I'm envious!  We are in a no snow pocket here.  Loads of people near us have snow, but not us!  Not fair.

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 02:07:49 pm »
bamford6

It must be getting bad up there, we had no snow yesterday, first day since the 19th December... but it is making up for it today it has been snowing quite heavy now for the last 2 1/2 hours... was out getting chicken supplies today and the bloke at the Drum said that it is going to last for a least another 2 weeks...... Hope you and your animals are safe...
Lavinia

bamford6

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 08:25:13 pm »
to days pic

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 10:09:19 pm »
Heavens!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS