Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vacuum Packer  (Read 12183 times)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Vacuum Packer
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 12:26:35 am »
Hi,
I have an Eiffel. it is the best thing since sliced bread.I use it all the time for sealing sachets of chopped tomatoes, portions of soups, just using the sealer,to full ducks(oven ready of course). The bags are expensive but you can reuse them and I have vac packed a goose in a bin liner cause we could not get the thing in anything else(again a dead one).You can make any size of bag just using the heat sealer. A definate buy for those who like to grow and store.One thing about the eiffel I dont know about others,is that you can control it when to stop sucking as if you just let it do its own thing all the time you can end up with flat roast chickens and flat loaves of bread!!!! :o Hermit

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 07:50:25 am »
Hello Karen I just cannot make my mind up about a powerful one Will Eiffel sea small bags a lot only seal 22 and 28 c/m Fresh fruit will seal 6" according to John.My tupenyhapeny Lidl was very powerfull it would seal 2" just the job for herbs etc It just ceased to function and was still under guarantee but they couldn't find me another They had sold them all.That is a problem shopping in Lil buy it its gone.No more likely Grimes was doing a trade in apple and pear trees for the patio £6.50p or one of each £10 I missed them they had all gone on Saturday NI mind eh? :D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 10:10:39 am »
On mine you can seal any bag upto 28cm . Wide enough for what we need . Any bigger and I think you may be going into catering size. With it having heat seal only as well, you can make whatever size bag you want by folding the bigger bags sealing along the fold and cutting between the seal.I would not be without it, it is my only electric gadget apart from a kettle that gets used when the rayburn is out.(very rare). All the best Hermit

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 10:32:21 am »
I have vac packed a goose in a bin liner cause we could not get the thing in anything else (again a dead one).

Sorry couldnt resist this, just imagining you trying to vac pac a live goose.  :D :D :D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 04:06:25 pm »
Hey up Hilary's mum I can imagine doing that but I would rather try other big GOOSES  ;D ;D Gordon comes to mind instantly ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 08:23:18 pm »
1 :D :D :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS