Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vacuum Packer  (Read 12182 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Vacuum Packer
« on: December 29, 2009, 07:31:51 pm »

I am thinking about buying a vacuum packer and have been looking at the Eiffel Freshpack Pro, has anyone here used this particular one? or could someone recommend a good one . Dont want to pay a fortune this one is about £100.
Anne

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: Vacuum Packer
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 11:50:00 am »
I have an Andrew James small vacuum packer, cost £39.99 online, its great a really useful gadget!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 07:43:31 pm »
Hello Daisy's Mum Did you buythe Eiffel? The thing that put me off it only seals larger size bags not 6"
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:53:44 am »
Will it seal normal supermarket bags or do they have to be the manufacturer's purpose made ones?

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 01:14:06 pm »

Have not bought one yet, still debating so I don't know whether it would seal any other bags. Must get off my butt and get organised as I will have lambs going at the end of February.
Anne

Kirsten

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 11:12:34 pm »

Have not bought one yet, still debating so I don't know whether it would seal any other bags. Must get off my butt and get organised as I will have lambs going at the end of February.
I have a small one which is pretty good.  Cost about £40.  The biggest critisism is that if there is moisture in the food, it gets pulled up by the vacuum process and then the plastic wont seal.  However, larger models I've used were not bothered by this at all.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 02:01:37 pm »
Hello  you Mums I have been trawling the net and it seems there are a lot of vac pak sealers about The problem for me is many will only seal 22/28c/m rolls or bags I have had a word with John Jackson of Juiceland who market one called Freshields and they supply 8"wide for this machine so I think I will buy this one.JML and Andrew James only seal larger bags Andrew James do not have retail outlets where one can go and inspect one.I had a Bifinett from Lidl great tool it would seal a 4" bag and only cost £19 99p unfortunately it expired and Lidl have no more. :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 09:52:07 am »
Hey up you lasses Am I in line for a smacked bottom? David rang on Saturday "Ev ya seen that thing you want on Ebay Dad?" On investigation its an alleged new vacuum bag sealer so I bid £25 and I got it for £18 + p&p £5.50 So I am looking forward to next week when it could be here.I will report even if I have made the wrong choice lol

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 09:56:17 am »
Did I report John Jackson from Juiceland tells me their vac sealer will seal all bags up to 28c/m but they are tempory out of stock of 8" at the moment :farmer:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 08:00:15 pm »

Decided to go for Eiffel, it seals up tp 30cm and I want to freeze quite large cuts of meat. I have also bought a roll of bags, well the ones you cut to size so can still do small amounts if needed.
Will be interested to hear how you get on with your ebay bargain Wizard
Anne

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 12:08:59 pm »
Hello Daisy's mum Well I haven't bought anything from Ebay before so was advised by David Look dad its £16 now up to £18  and we will watch if some one else bids make it £25 the max you want to pay.So last Sunday noon a flash came on we were successfull please pay So he went through a stiterum and paid £23.50 that inc p&p and on Thursday post brought a parcel inside one as brand new, box was a bit battered but I don't want the box.Fit it up and try it on a bread roll works fine it is not as good as those advertised that will crush a coke tin but it exhausts all the air from the bag and will seal down to 5c/m wide bags great for herbs etc just now I am well pleased with it.I am not reccomending it for heavy duty use though but my use fine well pleased George :farmer:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 11:55:01 am »

Well my machine arrived yesterday and anything that does not move has been vac packed, really pleased with it. I was given 2 brace of

pheasants last week so have packed and frozen those. Could not face plucking them so have just taken off the breasts and legs.
Anne

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 12:33:56 pm »
Hello Daiseysmum Ain't they wonderful save ever so much room in the deep freeze I find.I am reasonably happy with mine it does the job but it certainly wont suck a co cola tin flat.I think I may make it a pressi and buy a good one that will I know you get what you pay for and as far as that goes its very good value for money Thanks for telling me but will it exhaust a 150m/m bag? Regards George

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 10:19:50 pm »

Just vacuum packed over 30lb of bacon, what a brilliant machine.
Anne

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 08:17:35 am »
Aren't they just.I am a wee bit dissapointed with the one I bought off Ebay I may buy a better one and use this one for small bags its very good for 3" wide.Which most of the good ones wont do 2 - 3" only 22 - 28c/m which is a very big bag to us :D :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS