Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How has your weekend been?  (Read 3403 times)

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
How has your weekend been?
« on: April 27, 2008, 10:18:16 pm »
We have had a wonderful weekend with out pigs.  We have had three litters this week and with the weekend bringing some really warm weather, the mummys have been out with there new familys meeting the neighbours.  It has been so lovely watching all the pigs just basking in the warm sunshine and being lazy and relaxed. 

We have had a few visitors who have arrived to see the pigs, and the mums are so chilled, that they have been quite willing to show off their piglets and not bothered at all that we have been handling them.

I have to hand it to them, they have all handled this terrible wet winter better than I have.  They certainly do deserve to indulge themselves in a lovely wallow as Vanessa did yesterday.  She was covered, but it is nice that it was her choice!

We have put a few new pictures on the website, some of which show some of the new arrivals. (They are in the photo gallery section).  They are so gorgeous, I just love them to death!

I hope all of you have enjoyed your pigs as much as we have this weekend.

Have a good week all!

Kate :pig: ;D
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: How has your weekend been?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 10:46:12 pm »
Lovely photos. Our pigs are twelve weeks now and rather accomplished footballers, so if any clubs out there would like to amke an offer, we're prepared to listen.

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: How has your weekend been?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:04:49 am »
Great photos Kate, your pigs look much cleaner than mine, they have all been wallowing and enjoying cooling off!!!!

Well back to pouring rain today, never mind summer will be here soon- I hope!!

Carole

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS