Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Feeding Bananas to pigs  (Read 6553 times)

Wildman

• Joined Apr 2008
Feeding Bananas to pigs
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:30:36 am »
Hi, I feed bananas to my pigs however they take the skin off before eating them, I find this strange as my friend feeds his them as well by the box load and they eat the lot. My pigs came from his lot?. Anyone come across this before. I also feed them Qs (they love them) but find they will not eat peppers (not the hot ones) yet other pigs do eat them. Strange little ones.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Feeding Bananas to pigs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:40:49 am »
Personal taste I guess!

Kate :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

rorsa

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Rainford, Merseyside
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 02:23:35 pm »
My pigs only get the skins and they love them.

wildwoods

• Joined Feb 2008
  • West Berkshire
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 07:09:18 pm »
I peel all the bananas I give to my pigs - I wouldn't eat them so ...........I know - silly, stupid, etc ....but I have this thing about fruit having to be just right!!

Maybe one day I'll take advice??

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 09:28:35 pm »
Hilary likes them peeled.  For PUmpkin you have to peel it half way down, hold the banana till the fruit is eaten then peel the rest of the skin off.  Counting fingers after this operation!!!!!

Guy

• Joined Feb 2008
  • East Devon
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 03:39:29 pm »
my last pair of pigglies just scoffed them down whole - although they preffered them halved first!!! this next trio have got a likening to the old purple sprouting and sprout plants which are finished , they rip off the leaves and seeding bits , just leaving the stalk looking like a monster asparagus spear!!!
relax and enjoy life - let others do the worrying

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS