Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BCS two wheeled tractor  (Read 3538 times)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
BCS two wheeled tractor
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:16:07 pm »
Any one use one, and would you recommend them

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: BCS two wheeled tractor
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 04:42:44 pm »
We have only used one once, to rotovate an awkward bit near the house just after building it, and it is very difficult to use with smaller - such as my standard size female - hands. So you may be ok, but your other half may not. Even the slightest hint of carpal tunnel syndrome means you can only use it for a short period.

These things are also damn heavy to move about...

scruffbag

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:06:45 pm »
I own a 740 and rotovator, you do need a large hand to be able to use the clutch easily but the wife can do it, great bit of kit used end it to regularly turn over our 0.5 acre veg plot, when we took it on it was covered in trees and debri, it coped well but if the rotovator does hit something immovable it does send it skyward! I have also used it to fluff a very large area of play ground bark that had become compacted.
It's very economical with fuel, and I'm in the process of building a trailer for it to move stuff about the yard.

scruffbag

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 10:10:15 pm »
If you get one make sure you use the little clip on the clutch when you store it even if its only overnight, as if you don't the clutch jams solid and you have to tack the machine apart to release it, if you have a small child who likes to be like daddy and pretend, hold the clutch with a zip tie(hard lesson learned)!

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:22:02 am »
thanks guys, i am going to get one, i only need two attachments..well for now  ;D the rotovator  and the sythe cutting bar… good to hear they are economical

it will be the 740 that i will get :thumbsup:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 08:51:51 pm »
 :thumbsup: got it..now the prep work can begin..i have 30 cider apple trees to plant

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 07:13:40 pm »
Lots of nosey folk want to see some pictures of it John .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS