Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ryeland Ram  (Read 2782 times)

Kate12

• Joined May 2014
Ryeland Ram
« on: October 04, 2014, 09:44:20 am »
Hi
Can anyone help me with the Hire of a Ryeland Ram ( white ) I am a member of the RFBS and I live in Somerset/Bath area
I have two lovely ewe's and would be willing to bring them to the Ram or visa versa.
Could you email me if know of any persons who has a Ram to hire or if you have one yourself.
Many Thanks
Katy

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
Re: Ryeland Ram
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 05:43:12 pm »
I have a registered white Ryeland ram, but I think Caithness is a bit far for your ewes to travel for a date  :roflanim:     :-J
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:33:26 am »
Have you tried contacting the Society secretary?  She/he may know of someone hiring rams.

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 10:45:52 am »
I'm in Yorkshire so again, probably too far to help but I had a similar dilemma and was advised to buy a tup lamb, then eat him after Christmas. Might be an option if you can't hire one.
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:23:07 pm »
if you are a member of the society log into the online flockbook and you will find a section on animals for sale and hire. You might be able to find something in your area? If not we are a liitle closer than others and based in Shropshire, most of ours will have finished tupping our girls in November so you could hire one of ours around this time? Our rams bloodlines are quite varied to help us so we have a Mansel, Catherton & Malt Kiln. Do let me know if you need any further help  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS