Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Best Sheep Trailer  (Read 11488 times)

shotblastuk

• Joined May 2013
  • Proper Gloucestershire !!
Re: Best Sheep Trailer
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 10:50:50 pm »
In my opinion go for a twin axle every time, better stability and doesn't shake up\bounce your passengers as much!.Try getting a pig back in a trailer if it's had a bad trip and you'll know what I mean. Small pony box can be modified and can be bought cheaply.Braked trailer far superior to unbraked when it comes to animal haulage

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 10:50:32 pm »
I can move it just outside the gate, thats closer! How close do you need it?  :sheep:

GeorgieB82

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Saron, Llandysul, Carms
    • Wthan Online
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 09:10:53 am »
Thanks for all of the replies - very helpful.  I have quite a few ewes, 40 going to tup this year.  Fancied a small trailer to get a show team about rather than relying on others to help cart them about.  I have done a bit more research and now looking at an ifor williams ta5 10ft x 4ft high.  Towing not really too much of an issue as we have 2 landrovers that would easy handle a trailer.  Any thoughts on the ifor williams ta5?

I've got a 10ft x 6ft 1989 TA5 with sheep decks and it is a dream to tow; my Ford Ranger is plated to tow 2700kg and the trailer gross weight is 2600kg; be very careful to make sure the gross weight is below the max towing weight of the vehicle towing. If you get stopped it can cause you a lot of time, hassle and money! I know from experience!
Why not have a look at our smallholding - www.wthanonline.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS