Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pregnant .........or not?  (Read 3447 times)

Stanley

• Joined Oct 2009
Pregnant .........or not?
« on: December 07, 2009, 03:16:39 pm »
Hi all,

I bought a trio of Kune Kune's back in October.  When I enquired (about 15th October) I was told the girls had been running with the boar for a few days.  As I was going away in Jan/Feb I asked for the boar to be seperated until I picked them up on the 24th and the seller kindly obliged.  She told me she hadn't seen them "mating" and was pretty sure they hadn't.

I have had them since the 24th and to my knowledge haven't seen them mating OR seen them come into season. Now I could easily miss this as during the week I feed them in the dark in the morning and in poor light in the evening.

If you have stuck with me so far then well done!  the question I would like to know is at what stage will they start looking pregnant?  I look at them now at potentially a month and a half down the line and I would say they are just starting to look a bit bigger.  I didnt know if they wouldnt start showing until now or if they are normally huge at this stage! 

I have kept pigs for about 6 years now but as you can tell never bred before!

Many thanks in advance

Stanley

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Pregnant .........or not?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:01:59 pm »
(Sorry if I've missed you saying but...) how old are they?
They go through funny looking growth stages (imho) where they look abit odd, and have a rather unique shape compared to other piggies.
Little Blue

Stanley

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:31:12 am »
Sorry when I read it back it sounds jibberish!!

They are 3 years old and last had a litter back in the summer, one had 12 the other had 7.  Fingers crossed she is pregnant but it does mean I will be thousands of miles away in Malaysia when she farrows.  I had better train up a midwife!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 02:59:49 pm »
Cancel Malaysia you will have a far better experience being midwife !!!!! ;D

Stanley

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 03:51:50 pm »
It was considered HM!! 

All the toys were thrown out the pram when I worked the dates out!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 08:01:27 pm »
 ::)

Typical!
I on the other had worked out exactly when I wanted the piglets born, and counted back. Only for the boar to be poorly (See 'Poor boy' thread if you missed it!)  Cancel Malaysia...
:pig:
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS