Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: couple of pigs wanted for springtime Fife/Tayside area  (Read 2694 times)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
couple of pigs wanted for springtime Fife/Tayside area
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:43:21 pm »
hi, my friend and I plan to give our husbands a pig each for christmas!!  Well, the plan is that they wont get the actual pigs till next year but we'll give them pig 'birth certificates' for christmas and we'll collect the pigs a bit later on....hopefully anyway!

They will be kept together and we need something that is easy to look after and wont (is that possible??) escape TOO easily as we are novices!

Anyone in our area due to give birth in the next couple of weeks????

thanks

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: couple of pigs wanted for springtime Fife/Tayside area
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 09:51:42 am »
That would be the most fantastic Xmas present ever.  My OH bought me two Bayeux gilts as a very early Xmas present.  If they are half as delighted as I am with mine, they will be over the moon and then some. 

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 10:45:50 am »
What a wonderful idea for a Christmas Present.

It's a shame you are so far away, I have a GOS due to farrow any day now.

Let us know how you get on.
 :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

pink

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 12:39:25 pm »
hi
i am near edinburgh, and have Saddlebacks and kune kunes. both great novice pigs and are very easy to keeo! they are all registered pure breeds.
however both  breeds are not due until feb......
Sarah

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 03:01:21 pm »
Egglady bearing in mind the rotten weather, why not give each husband a model pig for Xmas in expectation of piglets in the spring.  Enjoy the best of both worlds, nice weather, piglets no mud. 

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 06:31:25 pm »
thanks for all your fab replies.  My friend and I went xmas shopping last week and we bought them a ceramic pig each to give them on the day!  I'm in charge of writing a wee funny poem and designing the pig birth certificates to go with them...........

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS