Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who has too many cook books?  (Read 13585 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: Who has too many cook books?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2009, 03:27:52 pm »
Sounds absolutely fab, Annie! Any excuse to barter and swap and of course to have James' and Kenny's steak pie  ;D :&>

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2009, 03:44:43 pm »
Good idea Annie  :)

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 12:00:44 pm »
Another book added to my already groaning shelves for Christmas - hoorah!  Nigel Slater's "Tender" - all about vegs - tip top book - the way he writes just makes me want to eat. ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 02:54:21 pm »
Just looked at this thread - love the idea of a swap shop, especially since we'll be moving in the summer. Or we could have a garage sale...

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 12:09:54 pm »
My problem is where do you keep them I used to belong Readers Digest Group They have published some great cookery books so has Time Life but now it seems the book has to be by Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall or Jamie Oliver Gary Rhodes or such very nice I'm sure There is a lot on Tv we like Nigel Slater not a chef but my word he can cook.We also like Nigella on TV.So I record the program and save the recipe I like to disk after editing out all the rubbish it saves no end of space.If its a complicated recipe I print it out and take it in the kitchen.You cannot have to many books ! Oh you can I assure you but I will need an awful lot of disks to fill one shelf LOL George & Kath
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS