Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A couple of pics  (Read 12441 times)

Kirsten

• Joined Jan 2010
Re: A couple of pics
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 10:57:02 pm »
Why do you say it is too late for you to get horses?  Feel free to tell me to mind my own business if you would rather not say.

No, don't mind saying.  I never seemd to have the money and the time at the same time to own a horse.  Went riding when I was young and got the kids lessons for a while, and now am helping with my grand-daughter's lessons.

I turned 66 on the 30th and I am fat and I have borderline osteoporosis, plus being on fixed pensions there's not a lot of spare cash.  If I can lose enough weight this year I may treat myself to a couple of refresher lessons.

Annie, take a look at the picture of me!  I am a right porker, thats one of the reasons for Highlands LOL!  I also have early stages of osteoporosis.  I have it in my neck and hips.  In that respect, horse riding is probably not the best sport but I love it.  I have not long been riding so was late starting too.  I know what you mean about the cost but someone suggested seeing if you can get a 'bulk deal' and that is what I did.  They took quite a bit off for buying 10 lessons at a time.  You do know they say that if you have osteoporosis, you should keep yourself slightly on the heavy side....that's my excuse anyway!
Good luck with it.

sandy

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 04:46:48 pm »
What lovely photo's although it looks cold!! I am the same as doganjo, I used to ride, I had a dislocated hop from birth and it became very painful, plus it was hard for me to lift my leg over  ;) Now my hip is great just muscle problems and too much food so I still cannot lift my leg without help ::)I have given up on having a horse now, far too much work unless I had a field and stable next to our house...funnily enough, I married my ex with the thought of getting a horse as his dad was a farmer...never happened!!!

SuzyJ

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Bulgaria
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 05:00:44 pm »
Great photos and I have to admit I'm rather jealous as I've always loved hairy native breeds.

We sold our 4 horses when we left the UK as I didn't want to stress them by travelling them for 4 days in a wagon when none of them had been more than half an hour in a box. We did buy a couple of Bulgarian village type ponies and although they're lovely they aren't hairy enough! Have been teaching myself to drive our palomino mare and really enjoying it and the bay mare I've backed and done a little riding with but hope to get more done when the weather changes here.

Miss my 1/2 friesian who was a big hairy softie so much and have been trying to trace them all in the UK to see if they're ok. Recently heard from the lady who got our now 30 yr old welsh sec B and he's doing fantastic and back in the show ring!
British Expat trying to live a better life in Bulgaria

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS