Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A couple of pics  (Read 12440 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
A couple of pics
« on: November 17, 2009, 10:02:42 pm »
Molly and Me

Oliver and Rick admiring the view

Molly and Oliver with some of our other ponies, having a blast!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:12:02 pm by Roxy »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: A couple of pics
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:14:41 pm »
Now I am just green with envy :'(  All my life I have wanted a horse of my own, never had the money and the time at the same time, now it's too late.  I'm sure you know how lucky you are. ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 11:02:28 am »
Such a shame you are not near us - you would be more than welcome to come and hug a pony :D  I have plenty to go round, and enjoy sharing them with people who cannot have their own for one reason or another.  I never have any money after feeding 9 ponies and my other livestock, but I get pleasure from it, so why not!!

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 11:11:41 am »
Beautiful ponies, and great pictures.  Thank you for sharing with us Roxy  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 12:54:28 pm »
Oh, no Roxy. Don't pinch my pony-hugger - Annie hasn't been to hug mine yet!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 03:07:12 pm »
I will be Rosemary - do you keep Smokey at home?  When can I come - will speak to you about it tonight!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 05:44:41 pm »
Lovely pics.
They remind me of mine!
We had two but were froced to sell when we moved house.
Out of interest what breed are they??

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 09:18:44 pm »
They are Dales ponies, Cameron, one of our British Native ponies.  Sadly, the numbers are in decline, so they are classed as a rare breed, but hopefully, if owners keep breeding, then the numbers will increase.  They are very hardy ponies, and mine live out, about 1,200ft above sea level.  We have really bad winters here sometimes, but they grow very thick coats, and the snow sits on the top!!.  I will post a pic of one covered in snow.  They used to be used in the lead mines, and can carry a lot of weight.  Although they are usually only about 14hh, they are owned by adults, not children.  Mine are used for riding and pulling carriages, and they are useful for pulling a small set of chain harrows.  Most are black, but you can get bay (brown) grey, and the more unusual grey roan and bay roan ponies.

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 07:07:53 pm »
They really are stunners,

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 08:46:16 pm »
Lovely ponies Roxy, i once had a Dales cross filly, very hardy and strong she was only 13.1 and took my 9 stone all over with ease!!
Im also a big fan of Natives. Got a lovely young New Forest i got straight off the forest as a foal, backed him and shown him to present, hes only 13.2 and so strong,
Natives are the best, so versitile!!!  :) :horse: :)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 09:16:07 pm »
Lovely, Roxy.  And I'm coming to pony hug one day (when its dry, and abit warmer!) and to see the banana llama...
but look at the christmas thread and you'll see why it wont be yet!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 09:44:52 pm »
Oh yes, Ruth, I do see.  I had a little giggle at you with your alarm clock trying to find your way :D

Yes, you must come and visit ......but apparantly the sat nav only brings people half way down the lane, which is strange .......so you would have to manage the rest on your own!!

Do hope you Christmas present turns up!!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 03:07:29 pm »
Lovely, I can no longer ride due to back problems so my horse has been out on loan for the past few years, I have my Shetlands to show which keeps me happy enough but there are days when I wish I could go for a nice hack.  :horse:

Kirsten

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 01:39:19 pm »
I hope you don't mind me posting here.  I'm new to the site and just doing a bit o reading.  I have to say what beautiful ponies!  I love 'hairy natives' (including my husband  ;D).
I'll post a couple of my horses if that is OK?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 01:44:51 pm »
Look forward to seeing them Kirsten.  I've always longed for a pony/horse of my own - too late now, so i satisfy the craving by hearing about and looking at other folk's ones.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS