Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A couple of pics  (Read 12442 times)

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
Re: A couple of pics
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 02:11:14 pm »
we  love horses, just really waiting for the right one to come along  :horse: my daughters off to reaseheth college to do her bhs studies soon,shew just been accepted for her place,but shes dead tall and lanky and outgrew her pony really quick,so dunno what size we will need
 :hshoe:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 02:12:02 pm »
25 hands?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Kirsten

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 10:43:39 pm »
Look forward to seeing them Kirsten.  I've always longed for a pony/horse of my own - too late now, so i satisfy the craving by hearing about and looking at other folk's ones.
NOt sure if this will work so I may take a bit of time LOL!

Wow, it worked first time!  The Grey is my wee girl.  She's 4 and a half.  The cream one is my husbands, he's the baby though much bigger than mine.  He is just 2 and a half.  I should be riding her by this summer and can't wait.  He will obviously be another 18 months before he can be broken to ride though quite a few people have said he will probably be OK earlier as he is so big (outsized for a highland).  We'll see.  I'm not too enthusiastic about breaking before 4 years old and we're in no hurry.

Why do you say it is too late for you to get horses?  Feel free to tell me to mind my own business if you would rather not say.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:55:20 pm by Kirsten »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 11:16:25 pm »
Why do you say it is too late for you to get horses?  Feel free to tell me to mind my own business if you would rather not say.

No, don't mind saying.  I never seemd to have the money and the time at the same time to own a horse.  Went riding when I was young and got the kids lessons for a while, and now am helping with my grand-daughter's lessons.

I turned 66 on the 30th and I am fat and I have borderline osteoporosis, plus being on fixed pensions there's not a lot of spare cash.  If I can lose enough weight this year I may treat myself to a couple of refresher lessons.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 01:58:58 pm »
Smokey's still waiting on his cuddle.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 02:00:53 pm »
What breeding are your Highlands?

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 03:36:44 pm »
What gorgeous ponies - I do have a liking for my natives, having Dales and Fells, and quite often we have Highlands in our classes at shows.
I find my ponies are slow to mature, and are usually 4 before I back them.  They seem to carry on growing up and out until they are 8!!

I know two ladies who started to ride at 50, and now have their own Dales ponies .....and one lady came to ride my ponies, and after she got off she told me she had ridden as a  girl, and was now 72!!

So, no in my eyes, you are never too old to enjoy riding.  Look round at riding school prices, some do good deals, and maybe block bookings.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 07:17:22 pm »
Smokey's still waiting on his cuddle.
Yes, I know but 9am's a bit early for me - by the time I see to all the dogs it's easily 10. ;D

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 07:34:12 pm »
Lovely photos of ponies.  I love natives.  I used to have a Fell/Welsh and and Shetland/Welsh, but didn't have the time or money to do them justice, but always really regret selling the Shetland/Welsh she was fantastic.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 08:21:36 pm »
Annie, I'm still there at 10! I START at 9 but if I know you're coming, I'm happy to idle around.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 08:34:42 pm »
Annie, I'm still there at 10! I START at 9 but if I know you're coming, I'm happy to idle around.

Ok, but have too busy a week this week - hope the snow isn't bad tomorrow - I have to get a pup to the vet.

molly2

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 09:00:16 pm »
Hi there Roxy, am Charliedales on dalesfans and the other board   ;D met you once at a summer show, my girl Susie was on breeding loan to daftmare at the time, I have her at home again now and have Charlie,the first one bred with her, nice to see you   ;D ponies look really well

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 10:51:02 pm »
Imagine bumping into you on here, Charliedales :)

I don't get on the dales boards much ....but have increased my herd - nearly into double figures now.

Yes, I remember Sarah having your Susie - didn't know you had got her back.  Have you bred from her again?

molly2

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 07:37:17 am »
Wow, you must be busy  ;D We haven't bred one from Susie ourselves yet, I'd love to this year but pay per horse for keep so need to consider that, I'd love a filly to keep from her  ;D

Kirsten

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010, 10:46:07 pm »
What breeding are your Highlands?
Hi Rosemary
She is Caenlochan and Whitefield and he is Strathmore and Concorde.  I think that tells you what you're asking!  We're a bit new to being owners so everything a bit different.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS