Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Christmas wreaths  (Read 16173 times)

sandy

Re: Christmas wreaths
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 11:45:15 pm »
I just think of it as pruneing!!!

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 12:33:06 am »
that was exactly what I was eluding to Annie.....!!! ;D ;D

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 09:41:35 am »
I always ask the trees first....No seriously...I think of them as like those in Lord or the Rings, and so taking their branches is a privilege for them, like choosing the best or prettiest to be made into decorations, only like us having a hair cut, I used to take my children for picnics etc into the woods, play games like "famouse five" including the dog and always told them the trees were watching and listening..you should see the fuss I made when we HAD to cut some down!!!!

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 11:09:19 am »
It's an ancient tradition to bring greenery into the house in mid winter. we all need cheering up at this time of year. I like to fill the house with lights for around two weeks. it seems to lift me.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 09:27:07 pm »
I don't mind having greenery in the house all year round, or pruning.  I just feel wreaths are fro funerals.  I've NEVER had one on my door and nevre will.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 10:59:41 am »
My mum made a material wreath.  You basically get material with a festive feel to them.  Make three long sausages and stuff them, plat them and tie the respective ends together.  She did 2.  One fat sausage with just enough stuffing and another thinner sausage which she stuffed quite a lot.  Something for the kids to try?  PS She also lives in Quensland, Australia, where holly is scarce and the weather would wilt it in 2 days, hence fabric.   :cat: :chook:

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 06:22:35 pm »
I usually make one with Tara, and we use thin branches from our Eucalyptus tree because
the colour is a lovely contrast with the other greens.
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 07:52:20 pm »
I have made two of the chocolate wreaths, One of Quality Street and one of Elizabeth shaws dark chocolate Vodka Shots. They look stunning but I simply cannot get a photo on the site. Must be too thick to understand the instructions. Anyway I have raffled the vodka shots one for my charity "Smile Train " so feel good about them. I would definately make them again next year.Thanks for the film Annie!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 09:31:42 pm »
Come on, we MUST have a photo!  Open your photo and reduce the size using your software package - if you tell us what you are using, someone will be able to help you.  The reply to this message, click on Additional options (bottom left), click on browse to search fort eh photo (best to save it to your desktop then you can find it easily) Then click Post - just like this....................
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 11:30:39 am »
Oh yes! just like this? I have tried for two hours but with no luck. my photos are in Picassa3 and even when reduced to a pin head this site still says they are too big.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 11:47:02 am »
Sheila , try opening a photobucket account and uploading your pics to an album you create on there . It is very easy to put piccies on here from there...it is free too!!!

cheers

Russ

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 12:50:05 pm »
Oh yes! just like this? I have tried for two hours but with no luck. my photos are in Picassa3 and even when reduced to a pin head this site still says they are too big.

I think you are reduceing the size (of the picture) not the quality(kb) of  the picture like rusty say get a free online albumn and post from there

Linz

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 01:49:31 pm »
I have opened a photobucket account but still can't do it help!!!

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 02:08:04 pm »
Hello Sheila,
              I assume you are logged into your photobucket account and have uploaded some pics to it . If so, then all you have to do is hold your mouse cursor over the picture you want to put on here and you should get four choices open up below the picture !! they are :

email & im
direct link
HTML code
IMG code
 you want to scroll down to the IMG code line and click on it , sometimes I have to left click on it, others right click ..either way you want to copy the link .
You then just paste the copied link in your post like this :

hope that helps a bit ...oh and the picture is of Leanne , my great niece . Been sent to the cage for misbehaving .....lol...

cheers

Russ
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:10:45 pm by RUSTYME »

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 02:17:36 pm »
Oh Russ. It's like having my own technical support on tap. thank you. I have now got the problem that Photobucket won't let me sign in so I am trying to change my password.  Oh it gets worse!
I hope it will all be worth it eventually.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS