Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Christmas wreaths  (Read 16154 times)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
Christmas wreaths
« on: November 06, 2009, 06:43:04 pm »
Any arty/crafty person out there can tell me how to make a Christmas wreath for my front door this year.
I've always wanted to have a go but didn't really know where to start. :dunce:
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Christmas wreaths
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 07:10:55 pm »
you can make a star one by going out and collect enought twigs then get green garden wire or string and wrap them in to a star shape then add other thing to taste. like tree cones , greenery or xmas items

Linz

that reminds i need a new one my one broke last year in the winds

« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:19:07 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:13:08 pm »
Try youtube always everything on there!  :)

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 07:58:17 pm »
If you've got a holly tree/bush, ivy and llylandii (spelling?) all you need is a green oasis wreat from a florist or ebay.
Soak the wreath then push all the bits into it, following the shape of the circle and covering all the green, once it's covered you can add flowers and berries, cones and ribbons - whatever you like.
http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/projects/christmas-wreath/
http://christmas.howstuffworks.com/decorations/how-to-make-a-christmas-wreath.htm
http://www.lainesworld.co.uk/project/xmas/hollywreath/index.htm
These all have tips and ideas, hope that helps
Karen x

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 08:25:03 pm »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 12:00:39 pm »
annie I love your your you tube one, I'm going to try it.

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 01:32:58 pm »
How about this one I googled today.  www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-a-christmas-wreath

I presume  that the oasis is the wet kind as the greenery needs to be kept alive.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 01:50:30 pm »
Hiya, I kept getting a toblerone add with your link !  :yum: Maybe it's just me  ???
But yes, if you're using fresh greenery it'll be a green oasis ring that you soak in the sink before starting - they last for weeks and can be topped up too. Good luck and post us a photo once you've done it won't you ?

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 02:01:01 pm »
If you just let the ad go to the end, the instructions follow.

The other question is where can you get a wreath shaped piece of oasis?

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 02:16:08 pm »
R.I.P. Santa !!
 I didn't even know father Christmas had died !!! What a sad day ...!!!  :'(
 Just think of all those children now with no toys at Christmas time ... :'( :'( :'(

Although I won't be making a wreath for him ....my thoughts go to his family and little helpers !!!

cheers

Russ

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 02:36:37 pm »
The other question is where can you get a wreath shaped piece of oasis?

florist or ebay ?

HappyHippy

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 02:56:44 pm »
Here's one I found on ebay - they do come in various sizes though, so this might be too big/small.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-14-oasis-wreath-foam-ring-plastic-naylor-base_W0QQitemZ350020555940QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Crafts_FloralSupplies_SM?hash=item517ed9d4a4 and they might be cheaper at your local florist - I'd ask there first before paying extra P&P from ebay  ;)
A point worth mentioning - get one with a plastic base or reinforced base as one made purely from green oasis will come apart when it's wet and you try to hang it.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 09:53:19 pm »
We're ignoring you Russ - finger in ears again - lalalalalalalalalalala

We love you really!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 11:26:17 pm »
So it's Santa that the wreaths are for? I have tried to make them several times and end up with cut up fingers so I now buy them, in fact not last Christmas but the year before I bought one and was never sure if it was real or fake, I used it again last year and added a bit...I think I have now thrown it out ummmmmmmm ??? I usualy buy something cheap and add real stuff in abundance and then add false red berries out of little red balls as real ones keep dropping off ::) ::)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 11:40:18 pm »
I don't like them.  Make the house look like there's been a death in the family!  I'd rather plant a tree than take bits off them to make a wreath

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS