Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A Cunning Plan  (Read 9179 times)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
A Cunning Plan
« on: April 14, 2008, 08:14:32 pm »
After having just double dug half a 3m x 5m veg plot,I have hatched a cunning plan to get the other 5 and a half beds dug. Well,you know how you're mind wanders when doing boring tasks and I'm only at level2 of Zen mastery!

Anyway,a friend of mine was trying to off-load an old skeleton he used in his medical days,so I thought I'd scatter the bones over the whole area to be dug,muddy one up and call the police. Then sit back and watch of the next couple of days as white tents are erected,the previous house owners reputation is questioned in the media,20 odd coppers are posted on the land (there's been a spate of burglaries in this area too recently) and marvel as my veg patch is finished off,sifted and neatly left when they discover the skeleton is from St Thomas's.

What ya think?   ;D
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

rustyme

Re: A Cunning Plan
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:48 pm »
lol.. I did think almost exactly the same as you .....then I thought about all the years in a cell with big bubba looking for a friend.....eeeeewww yuk yuk yuk ....So I thought of getting some celtic relic off of ebay and 'FINDING' it on the plot and getting the time team to come and do a dig. I even chickened out on that and dug it myself in the end.
               You could always look up woofers ? they do work in exchange for food and accommodation , if it is still in operation ?  Yes they are ...here is the link :
http://www.wwoofinternational.org/

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 09:25:58 am »
Thank you Rusty,you have all the best links!!!   My post was in jest really,I know I'll end up digging it myself (no smiley for meditation!),but you know how ones mind wanders!

Maybe we should have a thread for "What's In Our Bookmarks"
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

rustyme

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:26:06 pm »
no probs MrRee,
                      yes mate , I did gather that your tongue was firmly planted in cheek !!  ;D, but as you say your mind does wonder at times . Mine does ALL the time...like when I am digging away I think "How can I get all this lot dug for me ? ", because I really hate digging ...I think I may have mentioned that somewhere before... ::) The wwoofers thing I really did consider, I have a spare 4 berth touring caravan kitted out with woodburner/oven ,gas cooker and all the usual bits and bobs...but it is a 2.5 mile walk to the nearest village , buses only a couple of times a week and so on , so thought maybe just do it myself . I am not very good a delegating anyway.                         Bookmarks ...phew , don't even go there ...think I must have thousands .... Good luck with the digging anyway, don't over do it !!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 03:39:59 pm »
rusty some people call that a retreat and they get charge £50+ a night too stay on the land too.

If bed and board was included i would mind the quitness not sure about having to digg the ground lol but would mind carring the bucket with stone or even providing the wheelbarrow

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 04:19:34 pm »
my mum decided she fancied helping restoring a manor houses gardens so brought two tickets one for herself and one for my sister (at about £150 each) my sister was less than impressed at the idea of paying someone to go and garden for them and live in quite basic conditions, but my mum loved the entire week although she was nackard when she got back!  :bfly:

rustyme

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 04:22:08 pm »
Bed and board,well there are bunk beds and a fold down double bed  in the caravan, a porta loo and  wood and gas cookers. Water is supplied in 5 gallon water cans. For washing clothes there is the river 30 feet from the caravan. No electricity , but if you want quiet ? The only problem !!! only 4x4 access and nowhere to park a car up on the road, but there is a pub car park 300 yards down the road.
         Digging is all done now really (well on the veggie plot ) all thats left is weeding , but there are plenty of other things to do , ragworting , horse muck collecting, stone collecting , fencing , the list goes on and on .... But at 50 quid a night, anyone staying can just lay there all day if they want ... ::) ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 04:49:39 pm »
i went on a hoilday once (up near oban) and we stayed on a farm in a caravan wasn't the greatest of things  but still it was a lot of money for what it was (it was lower than the going rate) so you might have a goo idea their rusty also good for walkers to have a bases to stay.

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 06:46:18 pm »
I swear..... I've just finished d-digging the first 3m x 5m plot (5 more to go) and I think I have found the remains of a Roman villa..... there were loads of bits of black pottery,a statue of Gaia and a scrap of paper from the Rad I O Times advertising I Claudius with someone I can't quite make the name out of...... Derekus Jacobias........ dated 976.
 Should I call anyone?   ;D

rustyme

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 06:58:49 pm »
OMG .... I think you have got a very bad case of DIGGITUS...I can recommend a very nice hospital where the people will look after you very well. Failing that , you could try the Timus teamii .... they should be able to help ..... ;)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 07:04:39 pm »
Should I call anyone?

the men in white lab coats and padded  vans and cells?

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 06:36:29 pm »
Ok,.... Cunning Plan Mk II........

Went and bought a second-hand rotovator today,did a 3m x 5m bed in under 4 hours. And before you ask,it's tilled to a depth of 12 inches. I can't think of any root veg that we could grow,that grows longer than that. So happy days..... 2 down,4 to go... ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS