Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is it time to lose British Summer Time?  (Read 8631 times)

sarah1703

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: Is it time to lose British Summer Time?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 01:16:45 am »
so ban none petition against it & change the laws its cruel to amputate an adult dogs tail & expensive, it is minor surgery to dock a pup ,why should it be illegal, when it saves suffering  in the dog? these dogs are man made animals not natural breeds it had to be up to their breeders /owners wheather they have tails or not,

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 08:50:38 am »
Is docking actually any different than neutering in principle? We neuter animals in part to prevent injury / disease later in life so why should docking be any different.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 04:37:31 pm »
It'll be better once we get the border posts up....

But it's taking a blooming long time.  Who's doing them anyway?  I've never seen any bods working on the Borders. ;) ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 07:10:28 am »
Hadrians Wall ??????

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 08:40:43 am »
Yeah, we could just rebuild that - don't think it's quite the same border but it woudl do. And can we have Berwick back please?

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 09:42:15 am »
I thought this was about the clocks???

Anyhow, the border posts???  What are the proposals?  What does this mean - Are you going to check everyone that crosses like they used to when Ireland was having troubles??  Will it be manned by the police or the army, or government officials??  Will you charge to cross??
Will you ask everyone why they are crossing ??  Just news to me and interested in why its being done.

On the dogs - theres talk about it in Ireland.  You won't be able to show dogs or register them if their tales are docked.

That's why Joe wanted the Rottweiler this year, and he may even get a girl to breed before docking comes in.

Joe said Rottweilers don't look right with their tails, and it makes them bigger chested and stronger without one - I' really don't know the benefits etc but I do think he looks better without one - they don't dock tails in Northern Ireland but people just bring them south and register them with the Irish Kennel Club.  So same problem as you have.
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 11:22:36 am »
The border thing is just our Scottish joke, Julie. Them Sassenachs would send us flying up in the air if they all suddnely went back South there's so many of them up here.  And anyway Rosemary and me both adopted Englishers as husbands!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS