Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stuff and nonsense.  (Read 8447 times)

SirDoolb

• Joined Sep 2013
  • rock of ages
Stuff and nonsense.
« on: March 26, 2014, 02:29:04 pm »
So there I was, thinking that I was getting close to completion on the purchase of this land but alas alack no. :raining:
Oh well. Might as well just  :knit:

It's all a bit deflating really. Sometimes I think I'm being very foolish, other times I argue that it's quite sensible really.
I was hoping to get in before the weeds started to grow. My gardens already taking on a positively green tinge.  :tree:

Roll on summer. :)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: Stuff and nonsense.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 08:18:07 pm »
Chin up, nothing foolish about plans and it'll be worth it in the end.  :thumbsup:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 08:23:20 pm »
A bit like a list.

You score things off and you think you're getting ahead but you have to add the last few items on to a new list that's been manufacturing itself while you've been doing the first list.

Exhausting just thinking about it.  Just have a glass of wine and enjoy the green.  It's all going to die again in November anyway.  ;)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

SirDoolb

• Joined Sep 2013
  • rock of ages
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 12:16:50 am »
Well that's very cheery and positive.  :huff:
But as I'm not a list person I can pretend I didn't hear you.  :innocent:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 07:02:36 am »
It is very frustrating when you look at the land and can see all that needs to be done, we had the same with the field we bought last year first it needed harrowed and rolled but of course we couldn't, then it needed topped but we couldn't do that either when the sale was eventually completed we had it cut for hay but having no equipment to do it ourselves it became the most expensive poor quality hay that I have ever had.
I will  :fc:  And hope your sale goes through soon  :thumbsup:
Anne

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 09:57:22 am »
It is very frustrating when you look at the land and can see all that needs to be done, we had the same with the field we bought last year first it needed harrowed and rolled but of course we couldn't, then it needed topped but we couldn't do that either ........
How very true DM!
Still waiting for the ground to dry out sufficiently in order to get on to harrow, overseed, or even clean out some of the ditches, without causing further damage.
Lists are great things - on paper! :huff:
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.  ~Douglas Adams

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:21:39 am »
If you don't have a list (or two) you're not busy enough - I could always email you one of mine  :D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

SirDoolb

• Joined Sep 2013
  • rock of ages
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 01:24:03 pm »
Ah, no, you see, I am too busy to write lists.   :roflanim:
Or perhaps I am for to chaotic. Probably closer to the truth. If you gave me a list I would pick something, half do it ah look a bumble bee

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 01:50:30 pm »
Ah, no, you see, I am too busy to write lists.   :roflanim:
Or perhaps I am for to chaotic. Probably closer to the truth. If you gave me a list I would pick something, half do it ah look a bumble bee
OR - oh look a new post on TAS  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 05:34:55 pm »
I could send you 20 odd plans of places i have wanted to buy, ….i have had people change their minds about selling , i have had a couple where people blew me out the water with massive offers

mind you i did smile at one case, we looked at 6 acres with a barn…. a couple of guys from london where viewing the same time..they told me they would outbid everyone else…..

I rang the farmer to speak about the access road….he told me..don't buy it boy…i own that access road, and am going to close it…and i am getting bloody fed up with this crowd form london blocking my lane …. i heard the two london boys did win the auction…. i also hear, the the road has been closed..leaving the property landlocked  ;D

oh the joys of buying land  ;D

the weird thing is…in a town, you could put up a shed in your garden with no problems….in the country..the same shed could get the whole village complaining  :roflanim:

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 11:06:34 am »
the weird thing is…in a town, you could put up a shed in your garden with no problems….in the country..the same shed could get the whole village complaining  :roflanim:
..... and if it's in a National Park ..... :furious:
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.  ~Douglas Adams

SirDoolb

• Joined Sep 2013
  • rock of ages
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 02:55:43 pm »
Email from solicitor, may, that is may, complete today. Having said that, I am not going to be in a position to do anything til Monday now anyway. Busy weekend ahead of me. Bah and humbug.
Foolish of the Londoners not to check on right of access. I'd have d/l the title deeds to see what was what.
Didn't like one place as there was a right to access and to draw water for anyone living on a particular estate. What would happen if that estate became a housing estate. Would everyone on it have access?

SirDoolb

• Joined Sep 2013
  • rock of ages
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 05:12:53 pm »
 :wave:
Great timing, the weekend when I can't go visit the land and the sale is complete. Oh well.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 06:05:00 pm »
At Least its completed and you can now make positive plans, good luck and have fun.

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 08:42:09 pm »
OO you must be so excited !!  :excited:

all the best and let us know how you get on!   :eyelashes:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS