Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: NO WATER WHAT TO DO ?????  (Read 2562 times)

Ash Field Farm

• Joined Apr 2008
  • banbury
  • my girls
NO WATER WHAT TO DO ?????
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:53:24 pm »
hey  right are u ready for his one
i started with a smallholding  which is now turned into a farm ove the last year   anyway
 i have a well that is my main source of water as we are land locked
 over the last few months the well has startd to give less and less water to the point where i have to get my dad to bring
a trailer with water bowers on as i cant towe under my licence being only in my 20's
 well i have asked my neibour if i could lay a water pipe to connect to the mains  unfortunaly he will not let me
and it is putting me into a corner as this is my living  and iam  running out of not only time but options for obtaining the water
i need to get water in by winter otherwise icould completely run out
 does any one know of any way of getting the water to  the farm ?
or of any law or the use of wayleaves ?

a bit about my neghbour he is an ex farmer his still owns the land however does farm it its contacted out  hes doesnt like to see anyone else getting onin life  jeliousey i think

i have to applogise about the spelling its not my strong point
all help is very much welcomed
look forward to hearing from u

ps i hae already looked at a bore hole and i have had one drilled  but it will not give me the water i need i takes 2 days to replanish  and only yields 200 liters in that time the servyas  we are on clay with the od lime stone/ iron stone fishers  but they are few and far between

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: NO WATER WHAT TO DO ?????
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 11:20:58 pm »
Oh dear, thats not good, being without water.

Unfortunately, I do not think you can force your neighbour to allow you to bring a water pipe through.  Our neighbour had the same problem with his well drying up during the summer, but he was able to bring mains water in to solve his problem.

You have gone down the bore hole route, without success, so to be honest I cannot see any other way round the problem than what you are doing, which is bringing water in, in bowsers.

Is there any way you can catch rain water in large quantities and store it in tanks?

I do hope you can find a way round this.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 11:31:44 pm »
Did you get a water diviner to check where to put the bore hole?  If not you could try finding one.  I know a really good chap near Aboyne in Royal Deeside and he may know of someone in your area.  He was accurate to within a few inches when he found my water - it was only 14 feet down, and was able to tell me the flow rate before the Council guys tested it! 40 gallons an hour!
Bore holes are blooming expensive too!  Can't you find something this farmer might need from you so you can twist his arm?   I have a small problem with a farmer where I have a plot of land we are trying to get planning consent for.  I retained a wayleave for drainage from my old house, but it would mean taking pipes under the road, whereas the field next to the plot could easily have a soakaway in it.  The farmer was a friend when I lived there but she doesn't want my three beech trees removed - they have to be taken down for us to get a house on there so she won't grant a wayleave if we take them down.  Annoying thing is we sold her the field - should have had the sense to keep a wayleave then too but you don't think a friend will go against you!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

chickenfeed

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:49:39 am »
have you looked into a small resivor we have loads around here if you have enough land you could make it a bit one and stock it up with fish the ones around here seem to keep busy with fishermen and the potatoes are well watered just another idea to mull over. i think you need planning for this though.
or if you have buildings you could colect rain water in large tanks.
there is always someone with a big spanner to put in the works

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS