Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: HANDMADE SLATE SIGNS  (Read 16079 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: HANDMADE SLATE SIGNS
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 09:07:36 pm »
A sunflower maybe - signifying growth - or a phoenix - signifying a new beginning
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 10:15:33 pm »
Hi Jakebob,
That's no problem - depending on the name of your new place I could come up with something appropriate to that or a general farm type scene. Or anything really so long as it's fairly simple, line drawing style (because I fill in the engraving with paint) I'm thinking garden gate, funky bird box, oh, the list goes on and on..................
If you pm me your email address I'll be in touch.
Thanks

Annie - you're really stretching my artistic abilities here  ;) Sunflower, yip - no problem. Phoenix, well I just don't know about that one !  :o

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2009, 11:38:15 pm »
A phoenix is a mythical bird with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends). It has a 500 to 1,000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of myrrh twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. The new phoenix is destined to live as long as its old self. In some stories, the new phoenix embalms the ashes of its old self in an egg made of myrrh and deposits it in the Egyptian city of Heliopolis (sun city in Greek).
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 08:08:02 pm »
My God Annie - is there no end to your talents and knowledge  ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for the education - love that kinda stuff  ::)
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

winshamrarebreeds

• Joined Sep 2009
  • north devon
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 08:14:01 pm »
Hi,

How are my signs coming I am really excited about getting them

regards Joy
joy turney

HappyHippy

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 08:58:27 pm »
Hi Joy,
They're all shaped and engraved - just got the painting to do now, should be leaving here by Friday at the latest - but I'll email you a photo before they leave  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 09:22:41 pm »
My God Annie - is there no end to your talents and knowledge  ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for the education - love that kinda stuff  ::)

Now I have to own up - Wikipedia is the clever clogs, not Annie bannie.  Annie is just a thief! ;D ;D ;D

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2009, 11:50:24 pm »
Hi Karen, many thanks for the sign it is brill.
JD

winshamrarebreeds

• Joined Sep 2009
  • north devon
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2009, 07:49:37 pm »
Dear Karen,

Received my signs today,  they are  brilliant many thanks for that

kind regards  Joy
joy turney

HappyHippy

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2009, 08:05:43 pm »
JD, so glad you're happy I hope it helps keep your chooks safe  ;)

Joy, royal mail were super speedy (for a change) with that delivery ! So pleased you like them, you'll have to post a photo once they're up  ;D

bethjames

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2009, 05:24:40 pm »
Hi,
I've recently moved to a new smallholding with OSB pigs and Dexter cattle (for now!). I was wondering, do you do any signs on stands? Or that could be hung from a stand if I could buy/make one? My house goes out to the roadside you see, with a house name sign already on a stand there and it's a useful road to pick up customers for eggs and pork and such like.
It would be nice to have a sign with 'Bancyboblen Herd' written on it, with a picture of an OSB and perhaps a (non-short) Dexter.
Also, I now your signs are permanent, weatherproof signs but I've been looking for a sign that I could alter myself so that I can advertise pork, weaners, cattle and eggs, as and when they are ready? Any ideas, or if you can't do it, any way I could fashion something myself?
I love the signs that I've seen by the way, and the ones for other people.
Keep up the good work  :D
Bethan
Carmarthen

HappyHippy

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 06:44:56 pm »
Hi Bethan,
It should be quite easy to fix the sign onto some chain to hang from a post, or even below your existing sign.
I can do OSB no problem, never tried a Dexter yet, but I'll try anything once  ;) My gut feeling is that they look more effective with just one design - it means you can get it bigger and have more impact, but I can have a play about with layouts and see what I can come up with.
For your selling I could do a "For Sale" or "Currently Available" sign to hang below your name sign and you could write whatever you were selling onto it - I think the pens you get to write on chalkboards would work (like pubs use) but I've not tried it myself.
If you pm me your email address or send an email to me at kkjmckay@aol.com I can send you some stuff to look at.
Many thanks,
Karen

bethjames

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2009, 08:46:36 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply, I look forward to sorting something out, it's going to be brilliant, I'm sure  :)
I have emailed you.
Bethan

acorn zwartbles

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2009, 09:25:32 pm »
Hi, could u do a large one with a zwartbles sheep on and my prefix which is the acorns flock? email acorncattery@aol.com

thanks laura

HappyHippy

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2009, 10:25:13 am »
Hi Laura,
Thanks for your enquiry, I'll get some stuff emailed to you in the next few days (still got in-laws from hell here at the moment & can't get much work done !  ::))
Thanks, Karen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS