Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: HANDMADE SLATE SIGNS  (Read 16082 times)

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: SIGNS
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 02:45:16 pm »
Well I have ordered mine!! after receiving an email with the proofs and font ideas I placed my order, cant wait to get it! Thank you!

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 08:18:27 pm »
Hi HappyHippy....Really love your signs.  Sorry can't work out how to pm you.

Would really like two signs with GOS on for the entrance to my place.  Could you please let me have more details.

Many thanks,

Julie

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 09:28:30 pm »
Julie, look on the left of Karen's posts - there is a little square with a tale - click on that to send a pm
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 07:10:02 am »
Many thanks doganjo.......I should have guessed!  :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 08:23:16 pm »
You'd think an accountancy graduate would be able to spell tail wouldn't you!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 06:55:54 am »
 :)  I knew what you meant  :)

HappyHippy

Re: HANDMADE SLATE SIGNS
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 12:38:11 pm »
Following on from advertising on ebay (yup, I gave it another go  ;)) it was pointed out that these signs also make good pet memorial signs - here's one that was ordered. I never even thought of them before .........

winshamrarebreeds

• Joined Sep 2009
  • north devon
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 04:42:00 pm »
Hi I would love a sign with a pig,  preferably Oxford Sandy and Black if possible with Winsham Rare Breeds on it

many thanks  Joy
joy turney

HappyHippy

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 05:17:20 pm »
Hi Joy,
How's this for an OSB ? It's just a quick sketch, I could paint the pig ginger or leave it as a black and white outline.
If you pm me your email address I'll send you some stuff to look at.
Thanks, Karen

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 06:45:25 pm »
Must take the camera up tomorrow and get an insitu photo os Smokey's

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 05:00:13 pm »
Hi I received my sign today, its really lovely, just what I hoped for. Cant wait to get it on the gate now! Can really recomend these, very well packaged, in fact it was like pass the parcel ;D  Thanks very much happyhippy and good luck with them!

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 01:15:11 pm »
I received my signs this morning....They are fantastic!

I highly recommend them.

Many thanks HappyHippy  :love:

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 07:31:27 am »
Really pleased that this is taking off for you Karen, everyone is so pleased with their
signs.  ;D

Just a thought, have you made any for indoors, or for an entrance, we have some lovely wooden signs that I have bought in the past, which I would love to put outside, but because they are wood, and painted, they would not last long, whereas slate would be ideal.   :love:

One is the pretty common one  " Welcome to the Funny Farm"  ;D with animals on it, another is
in the kitchen with a spotty fat pig on, and underneath it just says " Welcome to our Home" :pig:

The other one is Beware of the Dog signs, using engravings of different breeds, or using the breed name, i.e. "Beware of the Rottweiler".   These, if you do say six in a mailer, could be sent to breed clubs, animal shelters, put on ebay, and sold at craft markets, but because it is about dogs, and most people have one, it is the largest sector, and easiest to market cheaply, with a few emails and ads placed in the right places.

I was keeping it as a business project for myself in the future, but to be
honest, I take on too many damn small business projects, and just do not have the time.

Hope these ideas might help you expand what seems to be already a thriving business, well done and best wishes for the Christmas market - can you get someone to sell them in the major towns at craft markets for you?

Julie x
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

HappyHippy

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 10:37:31 am »
Julie,
Thanks for your suggestions - I've been thinking along the same lines myself.
Welcome signs, Xmas signs the possibilities are endless. Problem is (not that I'm complaining at all ;D) I've been SO busy just keeping up with orders and life in general (and, as always, a few other little projects  ;)) that I've not got the time at the minute to get on and make samples ! LOL!
PS I'm still trying to work on a good design for you, I'll email you soon. :-*

Jakebob

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Stirling
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 09:01:59 pm »
Wow...your signs are fab! We are due to move shortly and I think I will get you to make us a sign for our new place, we have horses, cattle sheep, dogs and cats, so Im not sure what you could come up with? Maybe it should just be fairly plain?  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS