Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Chewing Gum  (Read 1096 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Chewing Gum
« on: January 29, 2014, 08:25:58 pm »
Yesterday was my yearly visit to Foresterhill Hospital in Aberdeen. I was shocked at the amount of chewing ground lying outside the main doorway. what a mess and just no reason for it. Not a good look for any hospital.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: Chewing Gum
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 08:28:36 pm »
Replaced the cigarette butts? And much more difficult to remove from the ground. I agree, not a good look.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:43:08 pm »
Can't remember what tv programme it was on, maybe the one show, but they had a guy who paints on chewing gum spots, was great, and the way he puts it noone can do him for damages as chewing gum not public property!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 12:55:23 am »
I read something a year or so back about one town (can't remember which one) where the council had put pads on lampposts for people to stick there gum and which were easy to clean away. They also had fines for anyone caught throwing gum on the floor. Pity more place don't do that.

When I was a student, I had a cleaning job. The woman whose house I cleaned, used to leave her gum on any surface in the house. I often had to remove it from windowsills, the table, kitchen units, etc. I never did like gum much but that put me off for life.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS