Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A bit miffed today  (Read 14638 times)

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
Re: A bit miffed today
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2014, 07:31:54 am »
Ach well, naebody's asking you  :)
Was it this one? I didnt find that funny either.
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2014, 07:36:36 am »
Bodge......I can remember your very first encounter of the sort of comments you are referring to and its the same TAS members.......can't find the link to it   tho probably best left....... most of us come for and to share experiences and information.....I'm sure this thread wasn't meant to turn particularly political but imo as largely a reader here.... there are those that can't help themselves when it comes to' nationality' issues....each to their own for me.........don't get all ticked off at an argument with so many different facets its impossible to win..... :love:

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2014, 08:24:59 am »
Not personally hugely bothered about anti English ( or otherwise) on here or anywhere else to be honest.  People who choose to indulge in such unpleasant nonsense are best ignored. What is beginning to sadden me iz the tendency for an increasing number of threads on here to turn nasty. This one was Always a candidate for sure but it does seem more widespread. When I joined here I loved the fact that there was a real feel of community and none of the posturing b s I'd found on anothrr forum. Maybe its just a phase and maybe itz just me but it feels less pleasant on here more often . My activity on here has  dropped off and I feel less inclined to run the risk of being got at in some way. I  can get that sort of crap on Facebook any time. Here forome is about a commonality-  a love of a way of life, of nature of the countryside and of produ jng our own food and wool  and yarns. Why the helll does it matter where we live 

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2014, 08:31:03 am »
I have locked this as it has run its course and now has drifted a long way from the original subject.

From the original section of the thread I would say that for a tough subject it was handled very well, people managed a debate with very strong viewpoints without resorting to personal attacks.

The later posts have drifted from this which is why it is time to lock this off.

Debate is welcome, even encouraged, so long as we all remain polite.  As far as I can see no one has broken the rules but i feel it could go that way very soon.

As always if you feel a comment has over stepped the mark or offended you personally please use the report function and it will be investigated.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2014, 09:04:51 am »
For sometime now, I've been aware of the anti English sentiment expressed by a number of TAS members .

Then please report it - it's contrary to the agreement members signed when joining the forum, and unacceptable. But if you don't report it, we won't necessarily know it's happening.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS