Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A question for goat breeders...  (Read 6989 times)

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
Re: A question for goat breeders...
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 09:58:53 pm »
 ;D mine got the billy with them at the moment so I can smell them without going within 10ft

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 10:11:43 am »
She cuddles cows as well you know  ;D ::) 

You do realise you're going to have me sniffing in May when our pygmies are due.

Hey Karen, I did hear that if you lick a snout of a pig it talks  ;D ;D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 10:23:06 am »
don't give karen any more daft ideas...

and whats wrong with cuddling cows???

HappyHippy

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 12:59:28 pm »
There's nothing wrong with cuddling cows! My poor Jacky boy moo's like mad at me if e doesn't get his after dinner hug (oh god, it's going to be SO hard on me when he goes 'off'  :'() anyway, the Wagu's allegedly get massaged daily to improve their meat so there might be method in my madness  :innocent:

As for kissing piggies to make them talk, quite clearly nonsense! Everyone knows you tickle them behind the ears to activate speach capabilities  :-J Piglet kisses are the best, but one of my mama pigs has a bit of a cold and sneezed in my face yesterday....... not nice and definitely not for kissing lol!

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 01:04:12 pm »
Here's to lighthearted banter on TAS everyone  ;D :-*
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 09:05:02 pm »
Here it's me that's got the sneezes - so I guess I best refrain from kissing anything and stick to the huggs, which always go down well, sheep, goats, dogs, cats and sometimes the OH  :innocent:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 11:23:46 pm »
;D mine got the billy with them at the moment so I can smell them without going within 10ft

And doesn't the smell linger for a long time? I could still smell the billy on Cloud two weeks after she had spent about 15 minutes with him.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS