Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Loose minerals for sheep  (Read 9959 times)

dyedinthewool

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Orpingtons and assorted Sheep
Re: Loose minerals for sheep
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 09:41:56 pm »
Hi,

Just been reading this thread with interest.
Also googled but other than  company up in Scotland can't find a supplier.  Doubt my local co-op will have any.

Can some one give me an idea of where to get this and preferably a name of product.
Thanks
You are never to old to learn something new

ladyK

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Conwy Valley
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 10:04:09 pm »
dyedinthewool - do you mean the seaweed?

Try googling seaweed meal (maybe add 'horses') - it seems to be quite a common horse supplement (but you can also buy it designated for poultry in much smaller and rather more expensive tubs).
Maybe try your local equine supplier? NAF do it for example, but I've also seen Mole Valley Farmers sell it online, and you can get it in 20kg sacks on ebay too.
Anyway, that's what I've come up with so far in my research, maybe others who have used it more regularly have better/cheaper ideas.

"If one way is better than another, it is the way of nature." (Aristotle)

sarahdean_66

• Joined May 2012
  • Yelling Cambridgeshire
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 09:13:37 am »
I can get seaweed, Gold lable 2kg tub is £12 plus postage if anyone is interested? I supply our local community mainly horse but starting to branch out and try selling online too.

dyedinthewool

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Orpingtons and assorted Sheep
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 08:43:26 pm »
dyedinthewool - do you mean the seaweed?

Try googling seaweed meal (maybe add 'horses') - it seems to be quite a common horse supplement (but you can also buy it designated for poultry in much smaller and rather more expensive tubs).
Maybe try your local equine supplier? NAF do it for example, but I've also seen Mole Valley Farmers sell it online, and you can get it in 20kg sacks on ebay too.
Anyway, that's what I've come up with so far in my research, maybe others who have used it more regularly have better/cheaper ideas.
Sorry LadyK
Yes I did mean the seaweed meal..  I did ask in my local co-op today and though they said they did at one time (4years ago) they now only have it 'under gardening' made by GEM but they didn't have any...!!
Is the garden stuff the same as seaweed meal for horses/sheep/chickens I wonder.  I would give it to the hens as well.

I'll have a look on Ebay and see what that's like.

Maybe if MVF are still doing it I could get daughter to pick some up for me when they come over for Christmas.

Sarahdean :wave:
thanks for your input but @ £12 for 2 kilos it would cost a fortune for a 20k bag.
I think the 20k from Scotland was about £34 + postage.
You are never to old to learn something new

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS