Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cocktail and Happy Hour  (Read 61979 times)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
Re: Cocktail and Happy Hour
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2010, 07:50:13 pm »
I still dont fully understand the necessity of it but they said it was to check oxygen levels in her blood, but i totally agree that in this day and age there must be a simpler way. hope you feel better soon at least you are in high spirits  :pig: :o

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2010, 08:12:40 pm »
Hello W.P. Not that I understand but I am very inquisitive should I need be.So Ian why are you groping about in my wrist and causing me strife ?When I go to see me GP he instructs his Dracula to extract some blood for to send to the path lab for various reasons She rolls up my sleeve and inserts a tiny needle into a vein and inserts s vacuumed phial and hey presto blood with no bother.Ah George but that is used blood from a vein I want some blood from an artery which is charged with oxygen being pumped by the heart around your body.I can then put it in a machine which will analyse the blood and tell me the oxygen % in the blood.Unfortunately yours is extremely low below 6 what ever that means hence your need to have addition oxygen for at least 16 hours a day.A technician is calling tomorrow with a machine that absorbs oxygen from the atmosphere and passes it up a pipe to a cannula inserted in my nose.Sounds like great fun I have to be connected to this unit at night when I go to bed as well hopefull this will give me 8 hours so I only need another 8 hours.A big snag I am not to use it within 6 feet of a naked flame and my cooker is gas,Ian thinks I should be alright taking it off in the kitchen and plus the end time loss by how long I was not connected ??? :o :( ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2010, 08:30:52 pm »
I still dont fully understand the necessity of it but they said it was to check oxygen levels in her blood, but i totally agree that in this day and age there must be a simpler way. hope you feel better soon at least you are in high spirits  :pig: :o

I could be wrong...  but the arteries are deeper, ie further away from the skin.  so a bigger needle is needed.

all the best George
Little Blue

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2010, 09:39:35 pm »
I agree Little Blue the needle was in about 25m/m before it flooded the syringe chamber and it meks me goo hoow ow ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS