Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What Wellies?  (Read 13997 times)

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
Re: What Wellies?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2013, 06:51:13 pm »
Bekina Steplight for best grip. Insulated, but I still need welly warmers inside them. They also do more insulated ones specially for dairy farmers stuck in freezing parlours.
For everyday stuff, Muckboots are my favourite, but it's a shame they can't make ones with better tread.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 07:50:04 pm »
I had muckboots which I really liked but they split at the heel after about two months  :(. Place I bought them from said they couldnt take them back due to health and safety because I had worn them  ::). Muck boot said I had to deal with shop I bought them from. Didnt get anywhere so decided never to bother with either company again!! I was really disappointed because I did like them. Now have neoprene lined Aigles which are really warm and comfy. I do spend quite a lot on wellies but I spend so much time in them and I hate cold feet!!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 10:37:10 pm »
A couple stayed in our B&B a few years ago that had an online store selling things like Muckboots but stopped as there were too many returns, poor fit, splits etc..I think one of my ours leaked as where we walked had been prepped for heavy forest machinery, a few stones punctured them

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2013, 07:56:56 am »
Not moving in posh circles I'd never heard   of  Muck boots .......  most farmers wear  Dunlop or Nora or similar ......  so have always had some of these or cheap ones which often fit my wide feet narrow legs better .....  interesting so many of you have mentioned muck boots but mostly have a negative comment about them!     Do they support arches or are they just flat like 'normal'  wellies?
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Pipsa

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 11:27:02 am »
My wellies are Hoggs Field Pro ones and the colour is green. They have been brilliant so far, fingers
crossed! I do a lot of walking and need good boots. So any further information about those muckboots
would be welcome, please.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 11:36:21 am »
Not sure they're worth the money - my green B & Q £15 ones are 5 years old and still going strong

http://www.gardenxl.com/wellies/brands/muck-boots?gclid=CLyvoqzo-roCFRIPtAodtA4ACw
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 12:15:05 pm »
I think my daughter introduced me to Muck boots...or where they Muddies? we all used to go regularly to game fairs or to country shows and her partner was a keen hunter/shooter so often had hunting and sporting catalogues in the house, I just now love Neoprene boots as they hug my legs and are always warm, I hate that cold wet Wellington feeling on a icy morning!!
My husband had his first pair as a present from his mum, I was so impressed so then I started buying them, before that I had any old Wellingtons but I have mobility issues and can be very unstable at times so love the way Much boots mould around my legs, I cannot walk too well in ankle type boots so I do think they support your foot better, in normal Wellingtons I feel unsteady but that's me.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2013, 01:24:31 pm »
this is a real interesting thread for me, we know we need to invest in good wet weather gear,
as for wellies we are totally lost  ;D a good friend of mine has a pair of Le Chams at £300  :o :o :o :o but he has had them for just over 10 years now, and they still look good , he wears them 3-4 times a week when out shooting

I find it hard to justify that price, , but as he says, so far, it works out less than a pound a week ..

waterproofs are another debatable thing, personally i want the  Gortex army ones, and at £70 a set, i know from experience how good they are ….

but what wellies ?
Muckboots
Aigle
Le Chams
Dunlop
Hunter  ??? ??? ???

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 01:33:27 pm »
As for waterproofs- Gabi and I have just got some off Ebay for £7.90p for the set (jacket and trouser) totally waterproof and good enough for rough use , they were from Toppers Wales Ltd . Ordered on Wednesday -arrived on Friday , they have them from small to 4 XL .

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2013, 03:28:29 pm »

I find it hard to justify that price, , but as he says, so far, it works out less than a pound a week ..

I think my Dunlops cost around £25; when I used to live in them, they lasted at least a year, so rather cheaper than those luxury ones... (They are safety boots, depends on whether you want that - a friend of mine finds them too heavy for everyday use, but I don't even feel the weight any more. Actually feel I've got nothing on my feet when I wear normal boots!)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2013, 03:53:33 pm »
As for waterproofs- Gabi and I have just got some off Ebay for £7.90p for the set (jacket and trouser) totally waterproof and good enough for rough use , they were from Toppers Wales Ltd . Ordered on Wednesday -arrived on Friday , they have them from small to 4 XL .

thats a bargain, the only ones i could find on the toppers site where £54
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: good result tiz

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2013, 05:59:17 pm »
The combination of standing on one leg and your spellcheck's changes of wellies to willies (mine does it too but I notice and correct it!)  :roflanim:
:roflanim:   maybe I should write willey instead  :rant: ...think my I pad has a sense of humour. :innocent:

Sandy, you do give us something to laugh at.  :roflanim:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2013, 06:39:02 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2013, 08:23:03 pm »
John and Helen , if you go back into their site top left corner search box , type in waterproof clothing they are there.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2013, 09:28:26 pm »
 :thumbsup: tiz thats cheap enough , even if they get ruined

this is the one's i found 1st
http://www.topperswales.com/Workwear-And-PPE/Outdoor-Wear/JACKETS/Dickies-Exmoor-Windcheater-Suit-WP70000-220/

nice site, and will only be down the road  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS