Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wish me luck!  (Read 8367 times)

Min

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Edinburgh
Re: Wish me luck!
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 02:51:35 pm »
Glad it went well for you Louise.

I went to a craft fair last year a couple of weeks before Christmas. £40 for a table and there were all sorts of rules and regulations about how you were only allowed in with the highest quality etc so I thought it must be worth it. Well it was completely dead. Hardly a soul walked through the door. I was extremely lucky, took £48 so covered the cost of my table at least. The woman next to me sold 1 greetings card, the woman opposite with TWO tables covered in baby clothes sold not a thing.  So I am not going to fall for the old confidence tricks again with craft fairs!

I then made a rookie mistake this year with my work fair (£5 table). Last year I heaved a huge box of candles that nearly killed me and only sold 4. So this year I only took enough to decorate the table. Well my popular ones just went flying off the stall in the first 45mins and I spent most of the next 3 hours just sitting there trying to rearrange the others to look less lame!  Last year my table had been in a pokey wee corner and this year it was the first one you saw as you came in the door.

Experienced crafter friends reckon you win some and lose some but it evens out eventually!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Wish me luck!
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 10:22:18 pm »
I hope so. I have a load of stuff to sell so I need another one to come along.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS