Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wish me luck!  (Read 8366 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Wish me luck!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 10:50:17 pm »
I just hope I do have enough stuff. I'm knitting and weaving like crazy. At least it keeps me off the computer, which is where I tend to spend most of my day.

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 05:10:06 pm »
That's interesting. I am organising a small craft fair for 7th December and I'm wondering how it will go. Rather than a set fee, we are charging 10% of sales up to £20 to go to the church whose building we are using.
I would prefer to pay in that way. I am often spinning ar shows where I know there is little chance of selling thigs. Some are nice and let me off free as they know I travel a long way just to show the craft.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 06:13:01 pm »
That's what I thought. I've been to craft fairs where I haven't made the cost of the stall rental, or only just. It's in two weeks' time so I'm still frantically making stuff. I am knitting while on here.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 09:03:28 am »
Lesley, how can you knit and type at the same time ?
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 09:10:12 am »

She's using double-pointed needles, silly.   :roflanim:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 11:01:21 pm »

She's using double-pointed needles, silly.   :roflanim:

:roflanim: :roflanim: 

Ok I do take a break every so often although I have been known to read the screen while knitting. I then have to put the knitting down to reply to things. I'm also doing NaNoWriMo where I have to write 50,000 words of a novel during November.

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 06:56:17 am »
my show is on saturday! I am franticly making my little pony plushies! Getting really nervous now too. I'm hoping to at least sell the xmas decs as the will be a bit harder to get rid of after xmas!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2013, 11:03:19 pm »
Good luck.  :thumbsup:

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 07:25:20 am »
well the show is over - thank god! lol, it has been such a stressful few days, I didn't manage to finish everything I wanted to take to the show and was working until the last second before having to set up.

It was a really slow day, it was only a school fair run by the pta but i don't think the way they layed it out was particularly stall friendly. We were tucked away in a classroom and had hardly any foot traffic coming through. And they charged £10 a stall which i didn't know about until the woman came round asking for money!

I did make a bit of money but not loads and I have loads of stock left over but the woman who had a similar (but far more proffesional!) stall opposite didn't do any better so I don't feel too bad.

It was a good experience but I'm not sure I'll repeat it!!  :relief:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 11:02:46 pm »
As you have lots left, it might be worth trying a better venue.

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 06:58:29 am »
yes, possibly! i'll have to see if theres anything else local.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 09:53:28 pm »
This is the time of year for craft fairs. There are loads going on round here.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 09:33:39 am »
I've decided to give up craft fairs and craft markets. This year I've stood in the freezing cold too many times having paid £10 for a table and only taken £3!!  Then I go home to find that the website has taken £100 in international and UK orders....... its a no brainer for me.
I will continue to support my 2 local schools, especially while the girls still go to them. 
Its such a shame when you see how much work goes into organising a fair (both from the organiser and the stall holder point of view) only to see it poorly attended or in the case of handmade soap, to hear "£2!! you could buy 10 for that in poundland...."   :innocent:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 01:26:00 pm »
I used to love craft fairs but now I am not keen at all, however, if/when I have money, I would happily sit in the comfort of my home with a cup of tea and trawl the net for gifts......I was shocked when we took the dogs for a walk and stopped off for a coffee and cake, my husband who hate shopping said "lets go into that gift shop"  we went in and came out again fairly quickly empty handed, although I did love the local pictures.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 09:56:39 pm »
The trouble is that people tend to think of craft fairs as 'home made stuff' that, therefore, isn't worth as much as machine made.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS