Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wish me luck!  (Read 8319 times)

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Wish me luck!
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:16:15 am »
Hi, I am nervously trying to drink my tea before setting off for my first craft fayre! I am taking hand made jewellery and knitted hats, scarves and gloves. I am feeling excited and hugely nervous, in case people don't like my things! I will let you know later how I got on!

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
Re: Wish me luck!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 08:45:43 am »
oh wow! Loads of good luck to you. Please let us know how it went. I am going to be doing my first fayre on the 30th nov and I feel exactly the same - what if no one likes my stuff!! I'm sure you'll do fine.  :thumbsup:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:08:43 am »
Good luck Louise and Clarebelle when the time comes  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 09:55:33 am »
Good luck  :hshoe: it's a great time to try it out, should be lots of people looking for Xmas gifts  :fc:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 10:07:29 am »
Good luck.....the type of stall that gets lots of attention at craft fayres!! Hope  you sell out!

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 11:13:54 am »
 :fc:  Good luck Louise.

I was asked to do one the other week by the organisers. Didn't have much ready to sell but it was only a tiny local one so gave it a go. Really enjoyed it. Weren't many customers there but did sell some things and had a great time meeting people and seeing what they did.

Thinking of doing some more next year. Was asked if I'd go to a couple of local Christmas ones but haven't had time to do much crafting as looking after neighbours farm at the moment.

Really interested to know how you do and any tips. Some people have told me that stuff doesn't sell and they only sell over the net now.  :-\

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 11:32:52 am »
I hope it all goes well and that your sales are encouraging, but don't be too disappointed if your first attempt doesn't go as well as you hope.   :fc: it does though  :hshoe: 
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 05:01:50 pm »
Hi all. I survived! It was actually good fun, lots of encouragement from other stahl holders, plenty of people through the door but everyone found selling a bit slow. However, I did sell some jewellery and knitted things and covered today's costs and made a bit if profit, so I think I will do this again! I am also planning a website, called accessories etc, but this won't be up and running until the New Year. Good luck to all other crafters, get out there and sell yourselves!

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 06:50:19 pm »
Well done, Louise.  :thumbsup:

Went to a craft fair today and knew a few stallholders who were there. They all said much the same ..... lots of people but slow sales.

Have you thought about popping some of your stuff on the Craft/Gifts for sale section on TAS?

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 06:57:58 pm »
I shall have a look. Thanks for the suggestion.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »
Another option might be MISI (make it sell it?) for the quiet in between fairs times?

Great that it went well-ish today for you, onwards and upwards!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 10:44:26 pm »
I bet it was fun,  :thumbsup: I love car boot selling but not done any for years, I do not buy much due to lack of funds but do put stuff on here...I love crafted stuff

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 11:13:21 pm »
Glad to hear you had a fun day  :thumbsup: look forward to seeing your website afloat  :sunshine:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 12:48:48 am »
That's interesting. I am organising a small craft fair for 7th December and I'm wondering how it will go. Rather than a set fee, we are charging 10% of sales up to £20 to go to the church whose building we are using.

zoe_emma

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 08:43:39 am »
Well done  :thumbsup:
I never have time to make enough of anything to set up a stall. I would love to do it tho

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS