Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hooray - My Golden Retriever is finally in whelp.  (Read 15813 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Hooray - My Golden Retriever is finally in whelp.
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2013, 03:32:34 pm »
I am sure you did not mean 3 inches as that's one hell of a long cord
No of course I didn't!!!  ::)  - centimeteres - sorry, you and i should read our posts before submitting shouldn't we  :innocent: the equivalent of your one inch!   The cords and the pups are so slippery even with squares of toweling, that I prefer the clips - quick and easy.
I have calcichew D tablets for myself and I used to give Belle one of these a day a few days before and a week or so after whelping.  Lack of calcium can cause eclampsia. (milk fever) but pregnant bitches fed correctly may not need calcium supplementation. The symptoms of eclampsia come on suddenly and progress quickly and need vet intervention if it happens.  The symptoms to watch for are restlessness and anxiety; a little disoriented, sometiems panting and drooling.  But this is a worst case scenario, so just make sure she has good quality food throughout and she'll be fine.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS