Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted for loan, possible buy ** Childs first Pony **  (Read 13482 times)

Kirsty f

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Newmill, Keith, Banffshire
Wanted for loan, possible buy ** Childs first Pony **
« on: October 27, 2013, 10:38:01 am »
 :wave: We are looking to loan possibly buy a pony for our 10 year old Daughter, any time after the 8th November. We will be near Keith, Banffshire, AB55.

This is her first pony so must be bombproof and good to do in all ways.

Looking for something about 12.2, around the age of 10, would consider younger if sensible. sex or colour doesn't matter.

Must be able to be moved to our small holding. We have 13.5 acres of land on offer, with four stables, we will be getting another horse, this is likely to take a bit longer, so would be only horse for a short space of time. We will also be having sheep, cows, pigs, chickens and dogs so needs to be ok with other animals.

Must come with some tack.

Loving family home awaits.

Thanks Kirsty
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:05:09 pm by Kirsty f »
Kirsty F

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
Re: Wanted for loan, possible buy ** Childs first Pony **
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:38:46 pm »
A pony like this will have taken years of someone's time and patience. How generous of you to take it off their hands for nothing and with tack.  :rant:
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 06:12:07 am »
You said what I thought.

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 07:17:42 am »
My thoughts too. Probably be a few people out there who are desperate to get rid due to the high costs of keeping though. From what I've heard loaning is quite common in the world of horses and ponies.

NetherBrae

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 08:08:15 am »
Loaning is very common in the horsey world. Especially for this size of horse which is quickly outgrown by the rider.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 09:56:38 am »
Please do not comment on posts in the Marketplace unless it is directly related to the poster's offer / requirements. The posts above from BB etc are neither welcome nor helpful.

This is not the 'please critique my marketplace post' board - if you have a burning issue about a Marketplace post please report the post to the moderators. If you wish to discuss the practice of loaning ponies, or any other subjects, start your own thread in the relevant board.

Please show some respect to other members - you know nothing about them except what they post on here.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:58:50 am by Dan »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 10:13:18 am »
Kirsty, don't know if you have thought about contacting Worldwide Horse Welfare both for a pony and for a horse for yourself (I assume it's for you not your OH  :) )

WHW has a farm near Aberdeen (Belwade) and they rescue and rehabilitate ponies and horses, then loan them out, either for riding or as companions. I don't know if they charge but they are a charity so I expect there will be a donation required. They also have field officers who will be able to offer advice and support if you need it.

Good luck with finding your ponies and don't let the offensorati get you down :)

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 10:28:54 am »
I think Belwade only have companions at the moment but worth getting in contact as they may be able to let you know if anything suitable comes in....
http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org/rehoming/browse-horses.php?page=2&location=Belwade%20Farm

Kirsty f

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 06:47:59 pm »
Thank you Rosemary, Dan, NetherBrae and lachlanandmarcus, I will definitely get in touch.  Loaning horses, in the horsey world is very popular, especially if for a child who will grow out of it very quickly.  Where I currently live, I can get a loan pony without any issue.  However, with us soon moving to the North East of Scotland,  I am finding this very difficult to locate a suitable pony to loan or buy.  I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction or may know someone, as the area is totally unknown to me.  I am not wanting to take away the hard work that someone has done.  When you loan a pony they usually come with full wardrobe.  All costs of the ponies upkeep will be made by us.  Sometimes people just need to put their ponies out to loan because of personal circumstances, or financial situation, but they don't want to sell them.
Kirsty F

NetherBrae

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 07:36:08 pm »
The local scot ads often have the sort of pony that you're looking for but for sale. Loan ones are less common but do appear occasionally.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 07:55:07 pm »
Also check out Aberdeenshire Gumtree under Pets for sale_other :-)

I will keep an eye out :-)

Kirsty f

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 08:05:24 pm »
Thank you for your help,  I have contacted the Rescue centre you mentioned in Aberdeen, I have found one in Fraserburgh called Willows I have also sent them a message, Fingers crossed.  I have searched Gumtree, preloved, freeads, horses4homes, facebook, dragon driving, horse and hounds.  Feel Im exhausting all areas now.  Hopefully when I get up to the new place I will be able to find some others.  Loaning in Scotland does seem to be more difficult,  I could get lots in Lancashire, just to far to travel.  I am prepared to buy.

Thanks again
Kirsty F

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 08:23:18 pm »
If you haven't already checked it out try Horsey Stuff for Sale in Aberdeenshire FB group :-) this has horses and ponies for sale...

Kirsty f

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 08:31:53 pm »
Ive done the Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and the Scotland and UK facebook pages

Im sure something will come up.
Kirsty F

NetherBrae

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 11:08:55 pm »
Try the local riding clubs as well. Stathisla will probably be the closest one to you.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS