Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: B1 Planning and the changes which came in 30th May 2013  (Read 2364 times)

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
B1 Planning and the changes which came in 30th May 2013
« on: October 25, 2013, 02:22:26 pm »
Hi all - Me again with a really technical question this time

When I bought my property in 1988 part of it had planning for offices, showrooms and light industrial units which had been granted 22 July 1986 - this was pre  The Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987

Can I assume this is B1 ?

Class B1. Business
[/color][/size]Use for all or any of the following purposes—[/color]
  • [/color][/size] (a) as an office other than a use within class A2 (financial and professional services),[/color]
    • (b) for research and development of products or processes, or
    • (c) for any industrial process,
    being a use which can be carried out in any residential area without detriment to the amenity of that area by reason of noise, vibration, smell, fumes, smoke, soot, ash, dust or grit.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:50:13 pm by darkbrowneggs »
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
Re: B1 Planning and the changes which came in 30th May 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 03:09:04 pm »
Don't think it's wise to assume anything where planning is concerned! ::)
I can almost guarantee 'they' will find some reason to interpret things a lot differently than you.

You mention permission being granted in July 1986. Has any work been commenced within the specified time scale for commencement of the development mentioned, on the grant of the original planning permission?

If not, it may be elapsed and a new planning application required.

Unfortunately, it'll probably only be the planning officer who can give you the definitive answer though. :(
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.  ~Douglas Adams

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS