Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Grrrrrrrrrrr - ebay !  (Read 5205 times)

HappyHippy

Grrrrrrrrrrr - ebay !
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:21:11 pm »
I've bought and sold stuff on ebay for years - without any problems. BUT now they've changed the way you leave feedback for buyers, and all the dishonest (or stupid) people are coming out to play.
I sold a jacket - brand new, still with tags, cost over £80 the winning bidder got it for £20 and is now refusing to pay !
And I can either leave positive feedback or none at all ! How does this help anyone ? Future sellers won't know that she's a non-payer and I'm left feeling seriously p**sed off that she's got away with breaking a contract, aarrggh !
Anyone have any similar experiences ?

Tullywood Farm

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrr - ebay !
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:25:57 pm »
You could always re-list it and say that it is re-listed due to a non-payer timewaster

And - still leave positive feedback - then people will see who she is by looking at the feedback

Worth a try - just a thought - would it work?

Julie

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 12:27:30 pm »
It was a very strange decision on ebays part to change the feedback system.  I have bought and sold on ebay for nearly 8 years with little problem. I also had a company account selling LHD cars to expats in France and Spain, again with little problem. However since the feedback rule change, I have noticed that many more people are simply walking away from their responsibility of finishing the contract. They know bad feedback cannot be given.

I mainly just buy stuff on their now.

Time for a serious competitor for ebay....Mr Branson are you there ?

Kevin

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 12:44:25 pm »
I've just asked him!  You can google Richard Branson, register on his site and ask him a question. ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 01:34:51 pm »
Yes, totally agree with you Kev.

The other website that desperately needs to change is freecycle. I offered something on there last week, and am still getting E-mails asking if it's still available.

Why on earth couldn't they change to a message board system like this, and then you could easily see what's still available just by checking the thread (just like the 'for sale' section on here in fact)?
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 01:50:46 pm »
Lindsay McCann runs the Clacks one - fluffywelshsheep - you could suggest it to her, although I think as it's a nationwide list they may not be able change.  Not much she can do at the mo as baby bump is due soon.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 02:05:46 pm »
Good old Branson. Not wanting to appear lazy but could you also ask him if he could run a decent ferry service from calais to Dover ?

Virgin boats !

Kevin

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 02:39:08 pm »
Something else you could do is to leave positive feedback, but write something not so positive in the narrative box.    At least then other ebayers get an idea of what type of person they are.

Doesn't really help you though I'm afraid.
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 04:57:41 pm »
Just a thought about this -

When we TAS Users are selling stuff on Ebay, why don't we post it on here first, under Marketplace, or maybe if it is thought of as a good idea we could ask Dan to make us a TASBAY or something under another heading, so that you can try to sell it to people on here first - and selling to "paypal account holders only" - all you have to do is arrange the sale by one forum post, then email a paypal invoice - sale complete.  Or just advise what you are selling through ebay and how to search for it - i.e. item number.

Just a thought - we often buy a lot on ebay, sell very little, but do sell occasionally.

Julie

HappyHippy

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 06:40:54 pm »
Julie,
You might get quite a bit of business if you were to advertise your paintings on there - especially on the run up to xmas 'A personalised painting from your photo' they win, pay and send you piccy, I did a similar thing getting photo's blown up onto large canvases and it was quite succesfull, but that was before the whole change feedback system - like Kevkev, I think my selling days on there are over now  :(

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 11:09:06 am »
Lindsay McCann runs the Clacks one - fluffywelshsheep - you could suggest it to her, although I think as it's a nationwide list they may not be able change.  Not much she can do at the mo as baby bump is due soon.

The system is being changed away from yahoo on to the freecycle own beta website to help with the chances but it means people have to learn a new way to 'do freecycle'

Linz

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 08:39:14 pm »
That's great news Lindsay, and not before time!!

Womble.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 10:57:38 pm »
But will it get rid of the traders and the people who email wanting the thing you've offered then you never hear from them again?????

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 08:11:17 am »
only if you report them to the mod then can bootem. but you can do that the now

linz

HappyHippy

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 09:49:10 am »
UPDATE
The buyer in question has now decided to pay (maybe something to do with me reporting her to ebay  ;))
But me thinks my selling days on ebay are over !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS