Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: MP's Expenses  (Read 33210 times)

rustyme

Re: MP's Expenses
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2009, 01:37:31 pm »
this is enough to make me puke ... MP's give themselves even more money in expenses and yet today the MOD (government) are going to court to appeal moneys being paid to injured soldiers , some with terrible injuries . Soldiers , some just young boys , THEY have sent to fight in these idiotic, no point wars. The bastards make me sick . It should be law that MP's should do a frontline tour in any war zone . Whats the betting we wouldn't go to war anywhere then ???

Russ

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2009, 07:17:12 am »
All vote for Esther Rantzen!!!

sandy

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2009, 07:52:16 am »
 :)yeah!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2009, 08:53:26 am »
I see she is getting quite fiercly  "attacked" from all angles as they are saying she has no Policies or Manifesto. I honestly think she stands a very good chance as she comes over as some one the public know, and trust. Besides a vote for her is a vote less for some other thieving self centred git.

sandy

« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2009, 09:15:00 am »
Also, as she is in the public eye, she will/should be open and honest, the good traites I respect in people!!

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2009, 10:25:28 am »
she can't be any worse than the current mob of professional politicians.

so what she has no manifesto or policies - how many politicians actually stand by their pre election promises?

i'd rather a non affiliated MP who acted based on the feedback from their constituents than a party line towing suit waiting for a promotion

sandy

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2009, 10:32:14 am »
My thoughts entirely, at least Ester is famous already. I think a lot of politicians just like the sound of their own voice and also want the power. When I reached my 40's I saw some people standing for the local elections that I knew from School days, they were all show offs ;D ;D

rustyme

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2009, 01:24:19 pm »
this is just taking the p*ss
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090805/tuk-speaker-orders-20-000-home-refit-6323e80.html

they just do not give a stuff ....it almost seems that they are trying provoke anarchy ....??

cheers

Russ

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2009, 03:21:34 pm »
These greedy shower of ba****ds  that we call Mp's just do not learn from their mistakes or greed do they? Taken from the BBC news web site.

Senior Tory wants MP pay doubled 

Sir Patrick Cormack says he wants to restore public confidence
A senior Conservative has called for MPs' pay to be doubled - in return for scrapping their second home allowance.

Sir Patrick Cormack says MPs annual pay should increase from £64,766 to more than £130,000.

He was condemned as "out of touch" by Labour, while Lib Dem Foreign Affairs spokesman Ed Davey said the veteran Tory "must be living on Planet Zog".

But Sir Patrick said he was standing by the call, made in a submission to the Committee on Standards in Public Life.

The committee, chaired by Sir Christopher Kelly, is carrying out a full investigation of MPs pay and allowances and is due to report later this year.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS