Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Autumn  (Read 4801 times)

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
Autumn
« on: October 09, 2013, 07:46:03 pm »
As I never have much to say, but so enjoy reading this excellent forum, I thought I would like to share a photo. We are enjoying an incredible Autumn, scarcely any frosts - no snow as yet. I live above the fog level so I often see this type of morning but even so, this one was just perfect

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Autumn
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 08:09:53 pm »
Lovely photo.  The autumn colours are fab. How is the temperature at home? It looks like you are marginally ahead of us as regards to approaching winter.  :cold:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 08:21:39 pm »
I so love this time of year, its much more colourful than summer.....love the photo! :wave:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:38:24 pm »
Beautiful photo. I was admiring the colours while we were out with the dogs this afternoon but not the cold wind. Lots of berries on the trees.

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 09:23:08 pm »
Cracking photo.
I have to say that the leaves were well and truly falling today up here.
High strong winds and cold temperatures - felt like the start of Winter  :o

But I luckily managed to miss the showers of rain that were going about  :relief:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 10:00:18 pm »
Thats one view you would never tire from, lovely pic :thumbsup:

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 11:36:24 pm »
Nice photo ,
So far the only trees to turn here are horse chestnuts and a few birch trees , theboaks are getting a slight tinge in colour.
 I'd love to be able to get a mist shot of the valley below us with the back ground view of the Brecon Beacons or some heady  pictures of the clouds rolling down the mountainside with the wind turbines sticking their head out tall and proud .

I hope Santa thinks I've been good and brings me a nice canon camera and a couple of suitable lenses on the 25th Dec and hope next door get their bloody massive view obstructing hedge cut in time .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:10:43 am »
Oh, beautiful.  Sunny here today, burnishing the reddening leaves.  :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 04:54:26 pm »
We lived in a village were a lot of the houses were covered in Boston Ivy, it looked stunning this time of year but we took ours off the house as its not too good on the bricks etc, be we bought a framed photo to remind us!

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 08:53:04 pm »
. How is the temperature at home?
We are having the mildest period ever -very rarely night frosts as yet. BUT i was in Denmark at a fibre festival at the end of August and there was a sharp frost _4 which took my beans and squash GRRR.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 08:57:18 pm »
 :o -4 in August  :o that's quite a drop compared to here. My veg wouldnt survive either  :tired:

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 09:00:40 pm »
So far the only trees to turn here are horse chestnuts and a few birch trees , theboaks are getting a slight tinge in colour.

I hope Santa thinks I've been good and brings me a nice canon camera and a couple of suitable lenses on the 25th Dec and hope next door get their bloody massive view obstructing hedge cut in time .
We only have birch, ash and rowan trees up here.
The good weather has meant that I have allready managed to get all my wood salvaged for next winter :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I say salvaged as I have had a forestry firm take out 7 acres of tree trunks. They have made such a damned mess of it all I thing they have left behind at least 10 years supply of wood for my needs. They devils have just knocked domn full grown birch trees.
Hope Santa, armed with a hedge shears comes and visits you. I have a Canon camera, only a cheap one though.

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 09:07:42 pm »
. Lots of berries on the trees.
A complete abundance of berries everywhere this year I think. Here it started with an abundance of cloudberries, followed by bleeberries and forest raspberries and rounding up with lingonberries. I make jams, syrups and chutneys so here is a photo I had taken for a display poster.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 09:29:55 pm »
Looks so idyllic...lovely photo... :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS