Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Would there be a market for this?  (Read 6608 times)

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
Would there be a market for this?
« on: October 02, 2013, 08:32:07 pm »
I was just wondering whether or not there would be a market on here & possibly I have a few other avenues - If I were to have a few mugs,clocks, tea towels ect made with my own photography if people would buy any e.g for birthdays xmas. I mainly specialize in livestock, wildlife & landscapes - see my flicker profile below, although not all pictures are uploaded yet & need a sort xx

http://www.flickr.com/photos/104010585@N05/

EcoGypsy

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Cambs
    • EcoHolidays in Poland
    • Facebook
Re: Would there be a market for this?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:40:14 pm »
I think it will be, maybe need some photoshopping etc? You can try as well applying to various magazines as freelance photographer.  :thumbsup:

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 08:43:22 pm »
We will buy 100 tea towels (good quality) if you can put a picture of Dawlish on them and the wording Dawlish etc assuming they are a reasonable price, and I would have 2 dozen chicken mugs again good quality at a reasonable price.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 08:57:42 pm »
I think people may like their own photos on stuff too, like their dog or horse or husband :-J  I would love a photo on my back wheel of the Freelander but they are expensive......You could even have tea towels with politicians on to wipe your pots on or flannels for other bits of us :-J

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:04:01 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: politicians, yep can we have a door mat or a boot scraper with the entire contents of the house of commons please seems ideal to wipe the s**** off (shoes)  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 09:05:51 pm »
Doormats with politicians would be hugely popular :roflanim: Or loo roll

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 09:06:17 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: can I have a car seat with my face on that will fit the passenger seat of my wifes car oh can you make it so it tuts as well please  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 09:10:01 pm »
 :roflanim: Why has no one every done this ? :idea: :roflanim:
Printed Loo roll that's a crap idea  :roflanim: no its a brilliant idea, loads of idea's even just wash your hands you dirty turd on it.  :thinking:

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 09:11:07 pm »
not sure whether this market is already covered by the online photo stores ........ have had my photos on mugs  and made cards and business cards too.  Guess it depends on what you charge.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 09:58:10 pm »
BUT, not with photos on of things you do not like much.....I have seen pretend money as tissues, that was good but I always wanted Christmas cards made of our house when they girls were young, with us all at one of the windows..how tacky but personal, also photos of the person whos mug it is, that way, all the office team has no fear that some one will  borrow their cup, in any office I have worked its hard to choose a cup that's not someone elses!! Then you can have a close up face place mat, the children could love that if you had a glass plate, they would eat their food up to revel their face.......

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04:43 pm »
I think it's a great idea and should do well if your prices are competitive.  :thumbsup:

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 10:08:02 pm »
There's a bloke starting on our local market doing mugs etc with your photo or piccie you want on them. Dunno how he'll do but it could be a good indicator. I'd have thought that most of the business in this would be online though.

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 10:38:59 pm »
Well yeah I'd do them all at competitive prices ect - & would maybe consider doing them of peoples pets ect in the future another thing I like is classic & custom cars ect - generally that's a small amount of the pictures I have done as that's what I have on this 1 computer.

Some pics will need photo-shopping ect as some are my own personal ones such as my Dog Seb the Basset hound in some of the pics. But thanks for your feedback x

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 06:08:22 am »
One year there was a lady who came down to Chelmarsh sailing club Bridgenorth took photos of us all sailing then made some Christmas cards she sold about £500's worth but she never came back, at the sailing club down here theirs a guy whom does calendars of the clubs pictures he does 3 kinds and does well from it.
So prices then how much are your mugs ? (nice ones though) and how much are your tea towels ?

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 07:52:58 am »
 :wave: Hi shropshirelass

Helen works in a country Life centre, and to be honest they have hundreds of mugs with farm animals on,
to make any money as such, you would need to invest lots,

you would need to buy the mugs in bulk, you would also need your own printer, as getting them printed else where would be expensive,

I hate downing an idea, but some things are well and truly covered, and you are up against people like the chinese on mass produced goods...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS